Has Anyone Figured Out How To....

Decorating By mackeymom Updated 31 Jul 2009 , 11:20am by Deb_

mackeymom Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 6:30pm
post #1 of 27

Has anyone figured out how to make a latex mold for beads? I've seen them for sale online, but most of those molds are only 6" long. And I am wondering if making a mold would be that much of a headache.

I thought if we could make a beer bottle mold, we might be able to put our collective brains together to make a bead mold!

Thanks!!

26 replies
__Jamie__ Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 7:21pm
post #2 of 27
JaimeAnn Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 7:30pm
post #3 of 27

That would be great for making face molds too!

mackeymom Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 8:16pm
post #4 of 27

That looks awesome! I got the 6oz trial pack. Have you used it before Jamie? Any suggestions?

__Jamie__ Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 9:21pm
post #5 of 27

No, haven't tried it, but I may someday. I just knew there was a product out there and looked up a link for ya! icon_smile.gif

Deb_ Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 11:33pm
post #6 of 27

Jamie's the "Ace of Googling" icon_lol.gif I mean she can find ANYTHING, you ask, she delivers. She's awesome!!!!

__Jamie__ Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 11:40pm
post #7 of 27

Hee hee! I love Google. It's so good to me! icon_biggrin.gif

Rylan Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 12:12am
post #8 of 27

I've always wanted to make a mold of my face, now I have a way.

JaimeAnn Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 12:30am
post #9 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by RylanTy

I've always wanted to make a mold of my face, now I have a way.

I have seen this stuff sold for making "anatomically correct personal" (don't ask me where I saw this) molds before.....Hahhahah

You could make a RylanTy statue and dress it up like one of your kitchen chef statues ... Hahhaahah

__Jamie__ Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 12:52am
post #10 of 27

Oh...it's called Clone Your Bone! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Rylan Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 1:04am
post #11 of 27

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Exactly, you both are hilarious!

I've actually wanted to make a mold of this one thing. I wanted to send it to my fiance who currently lives in a different state.

JaimeAnn Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 1:05am
post #12 of 27

Hahhaahhaahahhahah!

Thats It !

JaimeAnn Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 1:07am
post #13 of 27
Quote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I've actually wanted to make a mold of this one thing. I wanted to send it to my fiance who currently lives in a different state.

Awwww Nothing says I love & miss you Like a silicone clone!

Rylan Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 1:25am
post #14 of 27

HAHAHAHAH What are you both talking about? We are probably talking about different things... heheh.

Hmmm I think I know what you are referring to..... girl, you have either been browsing at online stores or checking it out in person. =]

You are hilarious!

__Jamie__ Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 1:34am
post #15 of 27

icon_biggrin.gif I have managed to come across many interesting things whilst surfing the net!

bisbqueenb Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 1:47am
post #16 of 27

I found a product called Elastack at the ABC Cake Shop in Phoenix my last visit there. http://www.sculpt.com/catalog_98/RUBBERS/Elastack.php This stuff is reusable....you melt it down to use it, make your mold, change your mind, remelt it and make a different mold unlike the Silicone Plastique from http://www.culinart.net/silicone.html . I now have both, some for a one use mold and one for the molds I want to keep and reuse for other projects. Came in a 3/4 lb package and ran about $15.

I had seen this stuff discussed on one of the Yahoo cake boards, but they said it couldn't find it here in the U.S. And, yes it is food safe http://www.sculpt.com/technotes/Tech_Sheets/TECH_SHEET_Elastack.pdf

JaimeAnn Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 1:47am
post #17 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Jamie__

icon_biggrin.gif I have managed to come across many interesting things whilst surfing the net!

Hhahaha Me Too!

JaimeAnn Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 1:50am
post #18 of 27

Hahhaahh ME TOO!!!!!!

My name is Jaime and I am a Googleholic!

Hey that applies to both of us ... Hahhahha

JaimeAnn Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 1:52am
post #19 of 27

Hahhaahh ME TOO!!!!!!

My name is Jaime and I am a Googleholic!

Hey that applies to both of us ... Hahhahha

Rylan Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 1:57am
post #20 of 27

Hahahahaha...actually, that applies to all three of us.

Deb_ Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 2:29am
post #21 of 27
Quote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Would this require batteries by any chance? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Thank goodness there are people like bisbqueenb who are able to see past our silliness and actually help the OP. icon_biggrin.gif

__Jamie__ Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 2:40am
post #22 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisbqueenb

I found a product called Elastack at the ABC Cake Shop in Phoenix my last visit there. http://www.sculpt.com/catalog_98/RUBBERS/Elastack.php This stuff is reusable....you melt it down to use it, make your mold, change your mind, remelt it and make a different mold unlike the Silicone Plastique from http://www.culinart.net/silicone.html . I now have both, some for a one use mold and one for the molds I want to keep and reuse for other projects. Came in a 3/4 lb package and ran about $15.

I had seen this stuff discussed on one of the Yahoo cake boards, but they said it couldn't find it here in the U.S. And, yes it is food safe http://www.sculpt.com/technotes/Tech_Sheets/TECH_SHEET_Elastack.pdf

No kidding DKelly...now this sounds cool! Reusable! Thanks Bisbqueen!

Rylan Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 5:44am
post #23 of 27

Dkelly, you can attach batteries to the molds? Never knew that. hehehe

Deb_ Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 12:54pm
post #24 of 27

I'm sure we could figure it out...........Jamie will google the instructions and we'll be all set. icon_biggrin.gif

BTW Rylan........congrats on a successful weight loss week! Keep up the good work!

ninatat Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 3:00pm
post #25 of 27

love it can't wait till my check comes, you can do your face in plaster of paris, you have to grease up your face, and put straws in your nose or something you can breath out of, and of course do it with someone you trust lol, his came out cool kind of errie thought. i was thinking of asking my dentist for some algenate but the working time is short longer if you use warm water, it's what they take impressions with, i worked for him he'll probably give me some, but i really want to try this to, good thing i scrolled down and found the food safe one to use

Rylan Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 7:11pm
post #26 of 27

Deb, Thanks hehehe. =]

Ninat, oh that is definitely a try--that's if I find someone I trust.

Deb_ Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 11:20am
post #27 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninatat

love it can't wait till my check comes, you can do your face in plaster of paris, you have to grease up your face, and put straws in your nose or something you can breath out of, and of course do it with someone you trust lol, his came out cool kind of errie thought. i was thinking of asking my dentist for some algenate but the working time is short longer if you use warm water, it's what they take impressions with, i worked for him he'll probably give me some, but i really want to try this to, good thing i scrolled down and found the food safe one to use

This brought back memories from one of my art classes in High School. We molded our faces with plaster of paris and then painted them to make cool masks...........we had a very cool teacher!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%