I Love This...another Crazy Email

Business By robinscakes Updated 29 Jul 2009 , 10:05pm by Carolynlovescake

robinscakes Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 5:39pm
post #1 of 7

I posted an email from a customer who wanted something-for-nothing a while ago, and I think some of you got a kick out of it. Probably because most of you have "been there" with the insane cake requests. I got this one yesterday (3 days before she wants the cake delivered!).

...."I am looking for a 3 tier, square wedding cake in white fondant with black swirls, feeding roughly 150 people.Could be less..

I thought Chocolate/Berry and/or banana would be nice. But what ever is good under fondant is fine with me.

Filling Can be buttercream/chocolate/berry . How you mix the flavors/layers them is your choice.

Yes, I would like the cake delivered , if it is not too much. I live pretty close. If it is, I can come get it.

As far as the frosting, here's what I had in mind. I was just going to do a spiral of dots around the cake.
I have a Swarovski crystal letter (with waxed prongs) that is going on top, and 7 wire curves with small crystal dangles that I will place into the tiers, you may have seen or made cakes like this.

I am on kind of a tight budget, so if you could let me know what my options are, that would be great.
If you could do the dots,that would be great too, I just am crazy busy, but I am trying to give my daughter the cake she wants, and her wish was for a contemporary 3 tiered square white fondant covered cake with black decorations. The simpler the better.
Thank you so much for your consideration............great timing for us huh?

Now here's the kicker.....her budget (which I found out when I emailed her back a price of $600, which doesn't even include a rush fee of $50 that we normally charge) is $150!!!!!!!!! She wants to know what I can do for that! I can do something for free for her....tell her go to to Walmart!

6 replies
__Jamie__ Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 5:46pm
post #2 of 7

"Thank you for contacting me, unfortunately I cannot provide what you desire for that price. Thanks again!"

__Jamie__ Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 5:47pm
post #3 of 7

And yes! A referral to Walmart is very cheap! In more ways than one....icon_biggrin.gif

LaBellaFlor Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 5:56pm
post #4 of 7

icon_lol.gif thats so funny. I don't know what people are thinking sometimes. icon_rolleyes.gif

KimmyO Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 5:59pm
post #5 of 7

WOW, just WOW! Do people think we just have cakes sitting around waiting for someone to tell us how to decorate them? Crazy!

I don't even think she can feed 150 people cake from Walmart. And who orders a wedding cake three days before the wedding and still doesn't know the headcount?

There is a new country song that I love, "God is Great, beer is good, and people are crazy"; it says it all.

On a side note, I was looking at your website. How did you get the texture on that football for the graduation cake? It looks amazing.

JaimeAnn Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 9:22pm
post #6 of 7

I don't think she can even get cake to feed 150 people from Walmart for $150!

Let alone fondant covered with custom flavors & filings...

That is just ridiculous !!!!

Carolynlovescake Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 10:05pm
post #7 of 7

"Thank you for letting me know about your budget, unfortunately the best I can do for you is 75 cupcakes with a basic swirl at that cost with this short of notice."

Quote by @%username% on %date%