Trying To Start A Business..any Advice?

Business By CakeDiva89 Updated 4 Aug 2009 , 3:08pm by sweetteeth

CakeDiva89 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva89 Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 2:17pm
post #1 of 5

I'm wanting to get my cakes out there. I'm new at this but I love making cakes. I can't afford to open my own place yet so I want to start at my home. Any ideas or advice on how to get my cakes out there so people will order/buy some? I need some serious help.

4 replies
MerlotCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerlotCook Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 3:30pm
post #2 of 5

I'm just starting too! I thought I'd take a nicely decorated cake to a few larger businesses in town for them to put in their break rooms for coffee break. Of course I'll leave a nice handful of business cards too. This will also help me get more pics for my website gallery!
Good luck!

Swede-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Swede-cakes Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 3:52pm
post #3 of 5

Love your enthusiasm, CakeDiva89! First thing...since you said you can't open your own place right now, can you legally bake/sell out of your residential kitchen in your state? Check out the thread at the top of the Cake Business section for info.

Good luck!

Swede-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Swede-cakes Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 3:55pm
post #4 of 5

Love your enthusiasm, CakeDiva89! First thing...since you said you can't open your own place right now, can you legally bake/sell out of your residential kitchen in your state? Check out the thread at the top of the Cake Business section for info.

Good luck!

sweetteeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetteeth Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 3:08pm
post #5 of 5

I would love to hear advice on this topic too. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%