Trying To Start A Business..any Advice?

Business By CakeDiva89 Updated 4 Aug 2009 , 3:08pm by sweetteeth

CakeDiva89 Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 2:17pm
post #1 of 5

I'm wanting to get my cakes out there. I'm new at this but I love making cakes. I can't afford to open my own place yet so I want to start at my home. Any ideas or advice on how to get my cakes out there so people will order/buy some? I need some serious help.

4 replies
MerlotCook Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 3:30pm
post #2 of 5

I'm just starting too! I thought I'd take a nicely decorated cake to a few larger businesses in town for them to put in their break rooms for coffee break. Of course I'll leave a nice handful of business cards too. This will also help me get more pics for my website gallery!
Good luck!

Swede-cakes Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 3:52pm
post #3 of 5

Love your enthusiasm, CakeDiva89! First thing...since you said you can't open your own place right now, can you legally bake/sell out of your residential kitchen in your state? Check out the thread at the top of the Cake Business section for info.

Good luck!

Swede-cakes Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 3:55pm
post #4 of 5

Love your enthusiasm, CakeDiva89! First thing...since you said you can't open your own place right now, can you legally bake/sell out of your residential kitchen in your state? Check out the thread at the top of the Cake Business section for info.

Good luck!

sweetteeth Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 3:08pm
post #5 of 5

I would love to hear advice on this topic too. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%