This Recipe Calls For Bettercreme... Help

Baking By jennybean7985 Updated 29 Jul 2009 , 11:44pm by JaimeAnn

jennybean7985 Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 11:33am
post #1 of 7

i found this recipe while searching the forum boards and i decided to make it. it calls for Bettercreme.. im a newbie so i have no idea what that is and when i googled it it kept directing me to Buttercream information... what is Bettercreme, where do i get it and how much does it typically cost

also does anyone make their own fondant? ive heard the wilton fondant tastes horrible and i found a recipe for marshmellow fondant and was thinking of trying that... any thoughts or ideas?

this is the recipe for the filling that called for Bettercreme

"Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Filling - HeatherC
2 cups Bettercreme
1 small pkg. White Chocolate pudding mix
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips

Whip 2 cups liquid Bettercreme with small pkg. pudding until thick. Refrigerate.
Cream butter and sugars on medium speed for 3 minutes. Add water and vanilla. Gradually add flour. Stir in mini chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cake layer and cover with Bettercreme mixture."

6 replies
ddaigle Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 11:50am
post #2 of 7

Bettercream can be purchased in liquid form or already whipped form. We have it at our Sam's club. What you need for your recipe is the liquid form...may come in different sizes ranging from pint to quart. To me, it tastes like Dream Whip. It can get stiff enough to pipe with when used alone as icing. It just has that "cool whip" tasted. Good luck!

jennybean7985 Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 12:52pm
post #3 of 7

would bjs have it? the closest sams club near me is in new hampshire and i dont have a membership nor can i afford one right now icon_cry.gif

kss Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 11:37pm
post #4 of 7

Some of my family love whipped icing, instead of making my own, I buy it at our local Gordans Food Service (GFS) in quart cartons (they look like milk cartons).

If I rememebr right, it was about $5-$6, when whipped it made quite a bit. You dont need a membership to shop there either icon_smile.gif

check to see if you have close enough to your area
www.gfs.com

Good Luck,
Kathy

kss Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 11:37pm
post #5 of 7

Some of my family love whipped icing, instead of making my own, I buy it at our local Gordans Food Service (GFS) in quart cartons (they look like milk cartons).

If I rememebr right, it was about $5-$6, when whipped it made quite a bit. You dont need a membership to shop there either icon_smile.gif

check to see if you have close enough to your area
www.gfs.com

Good Luck,
Kathy

kss Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 11:39pm
post #6 of 7

Sorry for the multiply post, I cant seem to find the delete button, I found the edit/delete but the only option I see is edit

JaimeAnn Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 11:44pm
post #7 of 7

I get it at Smart & Final $4.29 a quart.

You don't need a membership for Smart & Final either.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%