Need Help For A Cake Due Friday (Icing Question)

Decorating By Sneezie Updated 29 Jul 2009 , 10:29am by brincess_b

Sneezie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sneezie Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 10:30pm
post #1 of 2

I am making a cake for Friday and the email I recieved from the customer today says:
"I just dont want the cake and especially the icing to be too sweet. I dont really care for the traditional butter gucky icing."

Ok, I have no idea what to do now because I am sure she is referring to buttercream!! Any suggesions would be very much appreciated! Thanks in advance!!

1 reply
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 10:29am
post #2 of 2

buttercream is sweet. now maybe if the customer had said right off, i want to try some different icings to see what i like, id work with that. but two days notice no chance am i messing about, for no extra money.

unfortunately for this eejit, cake and icing are natuarlly sweet. otherwise they should order a pork pie. are you just supposed to guess which icing she will like?

its tempting to say 'sorry, cake and icing are sweet, so i cant really change that. do you want your order or not?' hopefully with a nonrefundable deposit incase they say not.

to add: i believe that adding some popcorn salt, i think just like superfine salt, can help to cut the sweetness.
xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%