Apple Mortgage Cake

Business By bakery_chick Updated 29 Jul 2009 , 3:28pm by MichelleM77

bakery_chick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakery_chick Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 9:17pm
post #1 of 7

There was a thread on here a few weeks ago about this woman. Some people expressed concerned about the lady and the health dept. I was so glad to see that everything worked out ok. I just thought I would share...
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/32186013?GT1=43001

6 replies
cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 1:07am
post #2 of 7

I just watched that. I'm so happy for her icon_smile.gif

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 3:01am
post #3 of 7

I am glad it worked out for her, BUT it was implied that the only reason she got help from Bake a wish and Hilton was because she couldn't keep up with the orders.... It should have been mentioned that she had to find another way to make her cakes because it is 1) Illegal to bake from home and 2) The Health Department told her she couldn't do it..

I wonder how many other struggling people out there that have a good recipe will now try to sell some baked goods from home because it worked for this Lady?
Either not knowing it is illegal or thinking they might get lucky like she did..

Just my 2 cents...

Laura102777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura102777 Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 3:25am
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeAnn

I am glad it worked out for her, BUT it was implied that the only reason she got help from Bake a wish and Hilton was because she couldn't keep up with the orders.... It should have been mentioned that she had to find another way to make her cakes because it is 1) Illegal to bake from home and 2) The Health Department told her she couldn't do it..

I wonder how many other struggling people out there that have a good recipe will now try to sell some baked goods from home because it worked for this Lady?
Either not knowing it is illegal or thinking they might get lucky like she did..

Just my 2 cents...

Actually, the article did mention that the health department said running a commercial kitchen out of her home was illegal. It's a feel-good story, so they're not going to bring major attention to that part, but they did mention it.

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 4:19am
post #5 of 7

I didn't read where it was mentioned I was referring more to the spot on the Today show.

I understand it is a feel good story, but all I was trying to say is how many others are going to try this method to earn some quick cash after seeing how it worked for her..

Laura102777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura102777 Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 4:39am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeAnn

I didn't read where it was mentioned I was referring more to the spot on the Today show.

I understand it is a feel good story, but all I was trying to say is how many others are going to try this method to earn some quick cash after seeing how it worked for her..

Oh, okay. I didn't see the show, just read the article in the link. And I agree with you, just wanted to point out that they did say in the article that it's illegal.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 3:28pm
post #7 of 7

I mentioned the same thing, no mention of legalities of why she couldn't on the TV show. Interesting how they skipped over that point, like it wasn't important.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-643289-.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%