Put Buttercream In The Fridge Or No?

Decorating By LynnZClaire Updated 4 Aug 2009 , 3:27pm by Mme_K

LynnZClaire Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 6:10pm
post #1 of 5

I'm really thinking about starting to make a lot of buttercream at once and just keeping it on hand for cake orders. The buttercream recipe I use has butter and crisco in it. Should this be frozen or put in the fridge? Also, how long will buttercream last? Thanks!

4 replies
ddaigle Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 2:49pm
post #2 of 5

I always make multiple batches of buttercream and store them in the freezer. I have used recipes with and without butter. I put in the frig a few days out to start to thaw, then the morning of the day I need it, I put in on the counter. Don't know about a butter based buttercream recipe, but a crisco based can sit out at least a week.

Mme_K Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 3:11pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaigle

I always make multiple batches of buttercream and store them in the freezer. I have used recipes with and without butter. I put in the frig a few days out to start to thaw, then the morning of the day I need it, I put in on the counter. Don't know about a butter based buttercream recipe, but a crisco based can sit out at least a week.

I like your idea of freezing it & having it ready for when you need it. I do have a question, though. Do you need to mix it up again with your KA or, can you just mix it by hand?

ddaigle Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 3:12pm
post #4 of 5

i usually just mix it with my spatula by hand...but putting it back in the KA would be a very good thing too! I just hate cleaning that thing!

Mme_K Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 3:27pm
post #5 of 5

ddaigle, thanks for the quick reply! You're not the only one who hates cleaning that thing. I couldn't live without it, but I sure wish I could just snap my fingers and have everything sparkling clean again.... icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%