New Kitchenaid Paddle

Decorating By melanier5 Updated 21 Sep 2009 , 2:49am by OMGitsaLisa

melanier5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melanier5 Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 5:17pm
post #1 of 11

Can anyone tell me where to buy the new KA mixer paddle with the silicone edges?

10 replies
KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 6:10pm
post #2 of 11

It is not made or endorsed by KA. It is called a Beater Blade and you could probably just google it. I guess some people like it, but I didn't and sent it back. And it is not that new, I got mine early last year sometime.

mygirlssweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mygirlssweet Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 2:14am
post #3 of 11

I have one and I love it! Go to www.beaterblade.com. Works wonderful!

melanier5 Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 2:25am
post #4 of 11

Thanks for the info! I guess I'm a little late hearing about it ,but I'm gonna try it.Thanks mygirlssweet for the link.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 8:31pm
post #5 of 11

There is also one called the sideswipe. It has a metal top instead of plastic. I use it all the time and love it.

melanier5 Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 4:16am
post #6 of 11

I ordered the Beater Blade off of ebay today.I'll tell ya'll how I like it as soon as I get it and get to use it.

AFCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AFCakeBaker Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 3:36am
post #7 of 11

www.thegourmetdepotco.com

You can replace anything for kitchenaid...

OMGitsaLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OMGitsaLisa Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 3:49am
post #8 of 11

http://www.sideswipeblade.com/

That's the one I use. Actually, WAS using until one of the little teeth tore off after a month of use. I didn't do anything crazy with it, either. Just made buttercream and mixed cake batter, mostly, but I am going to email them tomorrow about replacing it under warranty.

I like it better than the other one because it seems to be better designed. It's got the little teeth instead of solid flaps so that if you have say chocolate chips in the mix, they can pass through without getting caught up. It also does a great job of scraping the hump at the bottom of the bowl.

Other than my bad experience with it breaking so fast, which they haven't had a chance to resolve yet, so keep that in mind, I think it's great and will probably buy another one even if they won't replace it. Maybe I really did do something wrong. Shrug.

melanier5 Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 8:24pm
post #9 of 11

I got the Beater Blade and like it farily well.The one problem I have with it is that it tosses the dry ingredients up and out of the bowl,even on low.If you don't have a cover on it ,you have a mess.Works well other wise.Thanks guys for all the info!

OMGitsaLisa Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 8:30pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by melanier5

I got the Beater Blade and like it farily well.The one problem I have with it is that it tosses the dry ingredients up and out of the bowl,even on low.If you don't have a cover on it ,you have a mess.Works well other wise.Thanks guys for all the info!

That's another thing I forgot to mention about why I chose the sideswipe over the beater blade - the teeth are angled down so it pushes the ingredients down constantly to keep them from flying up so much. It can still happen, but for me it was only when I was trying to cream shortening with liquid. Occasionally that very first swipe around the bowl would fling liquid up, but rarely out.

OMGitsaLisa Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 2:49am
post #11 of 11

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but felt I needed to share. I posted last month that my Sideswipe blade had broken after less than a month of use and that I hadn't yet contacted them to fix it. Well, I did contact them that day and 4 times since then and while I keep getting automated replies saying that they try to reply within 1 or 2 business days, I still have yet to be acknowledged by a real person. The front page for their website is also down, so I'm wondering what happened.

Either way, I would just like to retract my previous recommendation. Apparently, it is a debatably shoddy product (maybe I really did do something to break it, though I still fail to see how), but there is no denying the complete lack of customer service. I'll probably end up buying a Beater Blade now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%