When Should I Deliver The Wedding Cake?

Decorating By cherrycakes Updated 29 Jul 2009 , 11:18am by cylstrial

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 4:29pm
post #1 of 5

I am starting to freak out - I'm doing my first wedding cake next weekend but my husband and I are also doing the music for the ceremony (piano/violin) - double whamy!! In between decorating the cake on Friday I have to go to the church for the rehearsal! On Saturday, the ceremony is at 1:30 and the reception (which is in the church hall) will be at 5:30. Should I deliver the cake in between the ceremony and the reception? That would leave me very little time to fix anything if something should happen (although I'll be using SPS so I'm not anticipating anything major) or should I deliver it on Saturday morning? There is a/c in the hall. Any advice would be appreciated!

4 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 4:40pm
post #2 of 5

i would speak to the venue - you may be limited a to when you can actually get in. and when the cake table will be ready.
no advice as to whether before or after the ceremony im afraid. doing it before would mean a lot of time sitting out in the hall which might not be so wise, with people pasing through and setting up.
xx

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 2:58am
post #3 of 5

I would talk to the venue as well and just set everything up. But I think that I would deliver it in between the ceremony and the reception if the drive isn't very far.

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 4:31am
post #4 of 5

Thanks for your responses! I actually talked to the florist today and she's going to be at the venue in the morning (she'll be placing the flowers on the cake) as she has three weddings to do that day. So, I guess I'll be taking the cake in the morning and putting it in the walk -in cooler until close to the reception. The saving grace is that I will be there and can make sure that it's moved properly etc. I'll have to keep my fingers crossed!!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 11:18am
post #5 of 5

Glad that you got it worked out! Good luck with it all. Maybe just put a little sign beside the cake that says so and so's wedding cake and then the date and time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%