In Panic Mode Over Hot Pink

Decorating By Tomoore Updated 28 Jul 2009 , 1:31pm by playingwithsugar

Tomoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tomoore Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 12:34pm
post #1 of 2

I am doing a cupcake tower this weekend. The colors are black, hot/bold pink (nothing soft or muted), and silver. Each cupcake is to have a hot pink star, dipped in sanding sugar, and a metallic silver initial in the center of the star. I cut out all of my stars last night and got up this morning to spray it with the "Electric Pink" airbrush color I bought yesterday. The problem is that there is nothing "electric" about it! ...and it has this irritating red hue to it. I was really looking for almost a neon pink that I coul tone done (a tad) with pearl. The cupcake tower is to be covered in satin ...so I was trying to make the stars and the 6" cake that will sit on top, consistent with the satiny look. icon_sad.gif Help. Any ideas of how to achieve a rich, bright pink/magenta. I got a call from the client that a magazine will be at this event and really need this to be a phenomenal display. (Can you sense my anxiety? lol). Thanks for any help. -T

1 reply
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 1:31pm
post #2 of 2

My niece made hot pink by using some Wilton Christmas Red, then allowing it to sit overnight for the color to mature.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%