Are There Tutorials On Here?

Decorating By BOP777 Updated 28 Jul 2009 , 6:45am by xstitcher

BOP777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BOP777 Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 4:50am
post #1 of 6

icon_smile.gif Hi!
I'm new. I have only been able to get here a few times. I have not seen any video tutorials. Is this site only for picture tutorials?
Also, I am looking for a tutorial for the "Bling Bling Baby Shoes." I saw a picture of them from "cambo", but I don't know where to find tutorials at. I just have to make these for a "new" mom! She will totally freak out thumbs_up.gif
Is there a "tutorial section"?
I know, you guys drive around here all the time! lol I'm kinda new in town icon_redface.gif
Thank you so much for any help!
BOP
P.S. I don't know how to follow this or find the answers when I come back again icon_cry.gif I will stay and wait for a while. Ok, I saw "Notify me when a reply is posted" is checked, where will it notify me and what do I watch for?

5 replies
Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 5:16am
post #2 of 6

Hi welcome to CC!

Don't worry it takes a while to get use to where things are. 'Notify me' means that you will be sent an e-mail everytime someone posts a reply to eg this topic.

You can also keep track of this and other posts you might reply to by clicking on 'watched topics' which you can find when you are looking at this exact page while reading this, it is the white writing on the dark purple stip under the tab 'spotlight' up the top (the white writing will always be there are long as you are on the 'forums' tab like now)

Also on the front page where is says 'welcome back to CC' there are little tabs under that says 'my forum posts' and 'my pictures'...if you click on the my forum posts that also gives you a list of all the things you have written in the forums

With the tutorials i havn't used them much on here yet so not sure if there are any videos but all i have seen are picture ones, but if you are looking for video's try youtube, you should be able to find quite a few cake decorting ones on there

Sorry if i confused you lol

HTH icon_smile.gif

BOP777 Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 5:46am
post #3 of 6

Thank you! icon_smile.gif
I'm on YouTube but she doesn't have a tutorial on there, just a video showing the finished work. I thought I read where someone said to someone else "go and watch the tutorial cambo did for the shoes (and as usual I can't find it again to ask that person! lol) but I went to her page and saw all of her pictures and didn't see where a tutorial would be. There isn't one on the page with the picture on it, just comments. So, I don't know if I am looking in the wrong place for a tutorial if there is one for that picture. A twinge of PANIC here! LOL
Not to mention ALL the other GORGEOUS stuff on here I want to try and make!!! Man, it boggles the mindicon_smile.gif
I have to start somewhereicon_smile.gif

No! You didn't confuse meicon_smile.gif
I really appreciate your help, thank youicon_smile.gif
BOP

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 6:04am
post #4 of 6

Have you tried to PM cambo to ask if she has a tutorial on her shoes?

All u need to do is click on her name under one of her pictures which will take you to her profile, then on the left of her profile under her name should be a button saying 'PM', click on that and you can send her a private message asking her about them.

If she sends you a reply back u will be e-mailed and also on the left hand side of this page where is says profile, newsletters etc in the purple box the word 'messages' will have a blinking letter next to it just click on that to read the reply and send more messages etc.

BOP777 Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 6:19am
post #5 of 6

Thank you so much for squelching "the panic! " LOL
If I ever get to make them I'll show them to you.
I'll go and send her a message.

Then I want to check out your picsicon_smile.gif
Talk to you soon!
BOP

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 6:45am
post #6 of 6

Hi and welcome to CC!

If you click on the articles tab you will find many tutorials there. Most of them are written with pictures showing you the steps but there are atleast 1/2 a dozen video ones as well (just check all the headings and you will find them).

There are also tutorials posted in forums as well so you might want to do a search to see if the tutorial you are looking for is there (it would only be a written and or picture one but you might find it). The best way to do the search is in the forums tab (if your looking for a particular post that is). It is the first option right under the forums tab.

HTH! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%