How Do I Make Imprints Like This In Fondant??

Decorating By CarrieBear Updated 28 Jul 2009 , 10:55am by CarrieBear

CarrieBear Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 3:56am
post #1 of 10

Iv always wondered what people use to make names and words and other designs like this in fondant?

9 replies
CarrieBear Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 4:00am
post #2 of 10

trying to down load a picture but its almost impossible sometimes... icon_mad.gif

CarrieBear Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 4:06am
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieBear

trying to down load a picture but its almost impossible sometimes... icon_mad.gif




so the picture isnt downloading. the best i can describe it is it looks like a stamp / stamp set of some sort maybe metal stamps, people imprint names and words and designs.. ill work on the picture thing.. sorry icon_sad.gif

SugarFrosted Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 4:07am
post #4 of 10

I think you are talking about impression mats. Have a look at these:
http://www.customchocolateshop.com/teshimma.html?gclid=CNn26vnC95sCFcZM5QodhE-O_Q

CarrieBear Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 4:10am
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarFrosted

I think you are talking about . Have a look at these:
http://www.customchocolateshop.com/teshimma.html?gclid=CNn26vnC95sCFcZM5QodhE-O_Q




oh thank you but not the impression mats. it would be for individual words and phrases. icon_smile.gif

CarrieBear Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 4:14am
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieBear

trying to down load a picture but its almost impossible sometimes... icon_mad.gif







if this link works these cupcakes with the 'happy birthday' wording in them...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3602/3493922036_da184ffe8f.jpg

xstitcher Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 4:23am
post #7 of 10

Wilton makes some push and print embossers that say happy birthday on them or you could use there press sets. Here are just a couple examples of what they have:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000CFMQS/?tag=cakecentral-20

or

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000XPXCB6/?tag=cakecentral-20.


There may be other manufactures/companies that make these embossers but Wilton is what came to mind as I had just seen the cookie one at Walmart yesterday.

Some people do use stamps but you should make sure they are food safe 1st.

Texas_Rose Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 4:29am
post #8 of 10

From what I've heard, the clear acrylic stamps (the scrapbook ones) are safe but the rubber ones aren't...which sucks because I bought a Happy Birthday rubber stamp that was perfect and was happily stamping away until I heard they weren't food safe icon_biggrin.gif

CarrieBear Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 10:53am
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstitcher

Wilton makes some push and print embossers that say happy birthday on them or you could use there press sets. Here are just a couple examples of what they have:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000CFMQS/?tag=cakecentral-20

or

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000XPXCB6/?tag=cakecentral-20.


There may be other manufactures/companies that make these embossers but Wilton is what came to mind as I had just seen the cookie one at Walmart yesterday.

Some people do use stamps but you should make sure they are food safe 1st.





thanks

CarrieBear Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 10:55am
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

From what I've heard, the clear acrylic stamps (the scrapbook ones) are safe but the rubber ones aren't...which sucks because I bought a Happy Birthday rubber stamp that was perfect and was happily stamping away until I heard they weren't food safe icon_biggrin.gif




good to know icon_smile.gif

yeah they kind of look like something that might be for scrap booking or something...

bummer on the rubber stamp icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%