Best Fondant Recipe???

Baking By Ruth0304 Updated 28 Jul 2009 , 6:02am by xstitcher

Ruth0304 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0304 Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 12:49am
post #1 of 9

Hello, I'm a newbie and I need the best fondant recipe......I've recently made some fondant out of marshmallow, water and sugar but it did not hold up well

What is your favorite recipe???

8 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 1:00am
post #2 of 9

I buy SatinIce.

Ruth0304 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0304 Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 1:28am
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahs

I buy SatinIce.

Do you believe that is the best way to go rather than making it homemade? I've heard that it does not taste that good

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 2:55am
post #4 of 9

I use Satin Ice but I don't like the taste. I recommend you try out Jennifer Dontz's semi homemade recipe. You have to get her dvd to get the recipe.

kokopuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kokopuff Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 3:24am
post #5 of 9

I love Rhonda's Ultimate Marshmallow Fondant.It is in the recipe section here on cc .It is pretty simple to make but she adds a few ingredients to tame down the sweet a bit.A lot of people on this site reccomend Michelle Fosters Fondant it is called mff but I haven't tried it just simply because with you have to mix part of it with your stand mixer and I'm to lazy to clean mine and with Rhonda's you don't use it.It is really easy to use.The only trouble I have with Rhonda's is keepimg my 3 year old out of it!

flourpowerMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flourpowerMN Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 3:47am
post #6 of 9

I'm new to fondant as well, but I've had success with the MMF (marshmallow fondant) recipe from the recipe section here. The keys are to grease both the bowl you use to melt the marshmallows, the mixer bowl and your hands when you start working with it. I've tried it with both "name brand" marshmallows and generic...worked great both times.

It will give your KA mixer a good workout though. icon_wink.gif

I agree with the previous poster...the hardest part is keeping my kids out of it! They all hang around the table waiting for fondant scraps. icon_wink.gif

yiyo21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yiyo21 Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 4:37am
post #7 of 9

Hi about rhondas MMF i didnt get what the recipe means when it says 2T Water, is it 2 tablespoons of water??
thanks!!

Sox-n-Pats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sox-n-Pats Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 4:49am
post #8 of 9

yes, a "T" means Tablespoons icon_smile.gif

good luck

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 6:02am
post #9 of 9

Michele Foster's Recipe (aka MFF) is great, especially when you add white chocolate to it.

Here's the recipe:
http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-7446-1-Michele-Fosters-Fondant.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%