I.c.e.s. In St Charles

Decorating By cakesalot13 Updated 30 Jul 2009 , 5:29am by TexasSugar

cakesalot13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesalot13 Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 8:52pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone know the admission for a day pass to the store, and cake displays, I wan to go, but if it's $50 to get in (I am not a member)- that is $50 I could use to buy supplies. I heard somewhere that it is only $10. Can anyone clarify? Cause I'd like to take my spouse along too. And would rather not spend $100 just browsing.
Thanks.

5 replies
quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 10:02pm
post #2 of 6

Hi just arrived in Chicago and staying with my friends. Looking forward to the ICES demos this Thursday.

Cakes- check the website ICES 09 for exact prices for one day guest. Otherwise I will find out Thursday and Pm you with the price.

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 10:19pm
post #3 of 6

This is from the ices09.org website:

The Sugar Art Gallery located in the St. Charles Ballroom of the Pheasant Run Resort will be open to the general public for viewing during the following dates and times:

Saturday August 1st from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm &
Sunday August 2nd from 10:00 am - 5:00 pm.

Admission is $10 per person, and is available at the door. A portion of the proceeds from these sales will be donated to the Boys and Girls Club of Elgin.

Come see over 600 displays of the most amazing sugar work from around the world. This is an exhibition show only. Prizes are not awarded.

Also available is a One-Day Shoppers Pass for on-site purchase at the Convention Registration booth on either Saturday or Sunday for $50 which includes entry to only the Vendors Hall and the Cake Room for that day. Please note that this pass does not include access to the demonstrations.

Jodie

cakesalot13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesalot13 Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 2:29pm
post #4 of 6

Does anyone know is the vendor room "worth" the $50 entrance fee?

TyeRiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TyeRiley Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 5:46pm
post #5 of 6

I also would like to know the answer to that.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 5:29am
post #6 of 6

I think they have the $50 fee to keep the general public for just going in and looking around (aka getting in the way of us serious shoppers) when they come to look at the cakes.

If you are near buy and like to see things before you buy then I think the $50 would be worth it. It is easy to spend that much in shipping if you started ordering alot online. There are about 85 different venders on the list.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%