Set Up At The Venue

Business By shalini1 Updated 1 Aug 2009 , 9:44pm by indydebi

shalini1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shalini1 Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 8:31pm
post #1 of 5

Hello everyone! I hope I'm posting at the right forum. If not - apologize in advance.

I'm making a cupcake wedding cake tower as a present next month for family. Since I'm also doing this as a dry run for a business. Could you please offer me advice on how to do this more professionally? Would you as a baker just deal with the bride or also call their 1) florist to make sure of their bouquet arrangement if you are making sugar flowers 2) call the venue for best set up times, etc?

Any ideas or if you can point me in the right direction is greatly appreciated!

Everyone here is so helpful. I love Cake Central.

Thanks!!

4 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 8:57pm
post #2 of 5

as you dont sound like a set up buiness, you need to check the venue lets cakes from unlicensed bakers.
it is a good idea to call the venue and confirm when you will be able to get in, and where to acess the building.
i wouldnt contact the florist unless it was to discuss using real flowers, or the bride isnt actually sure which flowers are being used. but i imagine it doesnt make too much difference really what you do.
xx

shalini1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shalini1 Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 6:11pm
post #3 of 5

thanks for the quick reply! I actually just registered my business not too long ago (though unsure if it would make a difference in contacting the venue)

I will be contacting the venue shortly icon_biggrin.gif for the set up and time. THANKS AGAIN!!

CakeRx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRx Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 9:34pm
post #4 of 5

[quote="buttercup-bakery"][i]Hello everyone! I hope I'm posting at the right forum. If not - apologize in advance.

I'm making a cupcake wedding cake tower as a present next month for family. Since I'm also doing this as a dry run for a business. Could you please offer me advice on how to do this more professionally? Would you as a baker just deal with the bride or also call their 1) florist to make sure of their bouquet arrangement if you are making sugar flowers 2) call the venue for best set up times, etc?

If you know the bride's flowers and have a sample of her colors, there is no need to call her florist. I would definitely call the location to determine what will be provided (some provide linens, silver, etc.). In our area, there is a "celebrity" caterer who pretty much runs all the events, and I always call her to ask her opinion on where she would like me to place my cake at "her" event. She is always polite and helpful, and appreciates the brown nosing! Since you'll working around the caterer's schedule, their input can be most helpful. Best of luck to you!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 9:44pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttercup-bakery

thanks for the quick reply! I actually just registered my business not too long ago (though unsure if it would make a difference in contacting the venue)

because if you were not a legal business, they may not even let you in the door, so it would be a good idea to confirm that.

But since that sounds like it's not the case for you, you're fine in this regard.

It's just pretty standard good advice when a CC'er is asking about working with a venue they've never been in before. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%