What Dimensions Would Feed 200 Ppl At A Wedding ??

Decorating By TammyRiley Updated 27 Jul 2009 , 6:46pm by TammyRiley

TammyRiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TammyRiley Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 6:07pm
post #1 of 4

I am getting so confused because there are so many different cake chart guides. I need to feed 200 ppl and I am concerned that I will not have enough cake. The bride wants a three layered cake ... I'm not sure if I can make it work without adding a 4th (which she doesn't want). I usually go by Earlene's cake guide, but it is so different from Wilton's and other guides out there. How do you know which guide to go by?

Thanks for any help you can offer!
Tammy Riley

3 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 6:17pm
post #2 of 4

You don't. You TELL them what size serving you have predetermined your cakes will be. You tell them if they plan to cut it bigger then they need to order more cake.

If I make a 12x18 sheet cake, which serves 54, and the person cuts it in half and serves 2 people, they can't come back to me and say that I didnt' make enough cake. They cut it wrong.

Same with your weddings.

A KFC bucket of 8 pieces of chicken will feed 4 people (2 pcs each). But if your family eats 4 pcs of chicken each, they can't go back to KFC and say "You didnt' give me enough chicken." THey have to plan ahead and buy enough chicken for their family.

I tell them the serving size of 1x2x4 (Wilton chart) is about the size of a peanut butter sandwich. They get it.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 6:22pm
post #3 of 4

Dang Debi....a pb sandwich. I gotta start using that one!

TammyRiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TammyRiley Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 6:46pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks Debi! I guess you're right. What ever guide I provide them with is what they should go by. They just asked me to cut the cake, but I declined, so I think they got a friend to do it. Just nervous as this is my first wedding cake. Also worried about transportation .... thanks again for your advice thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%