Sorry,i Posted It In The Wrong Section.not Able To Delete It

Baking By honeyscakes Updated 28 Jul 2009 , 5:13am by margo137

honeyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
honeyscakes Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 4:53pm
post #1 of 4

Hi all,
I am trying to earn money for the SugarEd class in Nov in Sugarland TX, and absolutely cannot handle all the expenses from my PT work at home job.My hubby kindly bought me all of the sugared DVDs on various occassions,but this class I am determined to pay on my own.
So, I get this opportunity to have a food stall at a local cultural fair here in the Dallas Ft worth Area...now the first thing I could think of was CUPCAKES,COOKIES and PASTRIES as there will be tons of indian food and I just want to sell something different.
Now, I need any advice,idea,suggestions any kind of help you can offer.
I just found out that they are expecting about 5000 people .can I say I am FREAKING OUT!!! I have never sold any of my cakes,always made them for friends.and I have never made cupcakes!
But I am determined to earn me some money so I wont have to ask my sweet hubby for money. I just booked myself a food stall,started making a list of things to be purchased etc etc...
I am writing down decorating ideas ( pretty simple swirls and maybe flower) thats it. I know I will make chocolate/red velvet/ vanilla cupcakes from the Chocolate cake mix doctor book.And I will use Sugarshack buttercream frosting.
Please advice how many should I make? any common flavours?
how far in advance I can bake and ice them?
are there any better recipes that I can use?
OH!!! and one more ... I see cupcakes decorated with buttercream in a swirly design and it looks like a rose. VERY PRETTY.can anyone please explain how to make that swirl? like do you start at the center of the cupcake and swirl towards the outer edge or do you go from outside to the middle?
Here is a perfect example (CORRECTED LINK)
http://cakesbydai.blogspot.com/2009/02/happy-valentines-day.html
I apologize for all these questions.But please help me earn money to pay for my class.
Thank you so much.

3 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 4:59pm
post #2 of 4

The link doesn't work.....Love to see it though.

honeyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
honeyscakes Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 5:13pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddiekakes

The link doesn't work.....Love to see it though.

I apologize,can you tell I am freaking out! icon_eek.gif
here is the link
http://cakesbydai.blogspot.com/2009/02/happy-valentines-day.html

margo137 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margo137 Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 5:13am
post #4 of 4

I sent you a message on facebook, hun. Whatever you do,,, dont freak! LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%