Eureka!!!...i Think Lol

Decorating By babykonst Updated 31 Jul 2009 , 2:16pm by babykonst

babykonst Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 4:10pm
post #1 of 6

hi everyone, i had made some mmf a while a go that was disasterous!!! anyhoo, i woke up early this morning 4am knowing that i had a bag of mm so i was gun ho on making mmf again, so as i was getting my stuff out, i realized i had no crisco, anyhoo, i used the wilton cake release!!! it worked like a charm, i sprayed the bowl for melting the mm, i sprayed my KA and dough hook, melted the mm, added all but 2 cups of cs in the KA, dumped the mm ran it for a while, then i turned it on my counter with the remainig 2 cups of cs, kneaded it in, and i looked absolutley fine!! so my question is, is it ok that i used the cake release spray???

thanks in advance

ps, it is currently resting, ill let you all know how it looks on my cake tonight lol

5 replies
__Jamie__ Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 4:21pm
post #2 of 6

I suppose if it worked so far. It is food safe after all. Guess you'll find out! icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 4:23pm
post #3 of 6

I'm sure that it will be fine. You just needed a grease to keep everything clean!

babykonst Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 4:44pm
post #4 of 6

thanks!!! sorry one more question, can i use smbc under the fondant?? sorry im still really new at this!!

__Jamie__ Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 4:48pm
post #5 of 6

Yes. Except in extremely rare circumstances, SMBC is all I use.

babykonst Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 2:16pm
post #6 of 6

well, im back and the fontant turned out very nice, it was easy to work with and didnt have the greasy feel to it!!! im soo excited, no more mess with crisco!!! (not that i have anyting against crisco or anything lol)

arrrgghh, i cant attach a pic but please see my pics, its the pink/purple green cake, any contructive critisism is greatly appreciated!!

thanks cc for all your guidance and support!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%