Mum's 70Th Birthday

Decorating By HG0265 Updated 28 Jul 2009 , 8:55am by HG0265

HG0265 Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 2:42pm
post #1 of 5

Hi All

It's my mum's birthday next month and I don't know what to make her. I've only just started cake decorating so am limited in what I can do, although I like a challenge!! My mum loves cooking so was thinking of something along that line. I've seen some "kitchen" cakes but they look too complicated for me. Any ideas????

4 replies
MrsMabe Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 5:06pm
post #2 of 5

Well what about doing a specific food? For example, make a bowl-shaped cake. Carve down a little inside so it looks like a real bowl full of food. Then make noodles or something from frosting or fondant. And make a fondant spoon handle sticking out of it.

Or...make a rectangular cake. Cover with fondant to look like a tablecloth. On top, make plates of food out of fondant. You can make the food a few weeks in advance so that you can take your time on them.

Hope that helps get your gears turning. Good luck!

HG0265 Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 5:24pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks for your great ideas MrsMabe.

I don't think I'll be able to do the bowl but could manage the table.

AngelFood4 Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 8:32pm
post #4 of 5

Off the kitchen subject, but with her turning 70, you can do a 70's themed cake. Simple designs. You can have some smiles, flowers, and/or peace symbols around it making it very coloruful, fun and "groovy". Think pink, orange and yellow.

HG0265 Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 8:55am
post #5 of 5

Thanks AngelFood4. Something else to think about.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%