Evil Cake Tv Shows

Decorating By Enchantedcakes Updated 27 Jul 2009 , 7:57pm by xstitcher

Enchantedcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Enchantedcakes Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 2:25pm
post #1 of 5

I enjoy watching all of the cake related tv programs as much as the next person but they should come with a disclamer, Cakes on your screen apear easy and flawless but should you look closer they are CAKE. Here is an e-mail I just recieved from a bride:
I am having a few worries about the cakes. I have watched many cake shows and have seen how flawless the cakes look. I just want to make sure my cakes will look the same way. I don't know if this is normal for a bride to worry about this but I am. I'm sure everything is going to be fine and you will do an amazing job. But, just to be sure will you send me some photos of some of your recent wedding cakes that you've made?

We have had a tasting and a consultion and two phone consulations. I showed her my portfolio as well as my recent cakes and I have directed her to my website several times.I even gave her a discount because she booked her wedding cake and groom's cake with me. Now I am worried there will be no pleasing her.

4 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 5:18pm
post #2 of 5

icon_rolleyes.gif Thanks reality tv.

She doesn't need a reply to her email....she needs to relax and take a chill-pill. icon_lol.gif

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 5:32pm
post #3 of 5

i usually tell them duff's cakes START at 1000.00...and no mine prolly won't be as delightful as a 2500.00 dollar cake.

that being said...i've seen some stuff go out of those places that would have mortified me...like that big german shepard cake with the huge horizontal crack.

that would have made me sick for a week.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 6:23pm
post #4 of 5

I hate that too. I always stress to people that there is NO such thing as a PERFECT cake, cause theres no such thing as perfect people. Its the overall effect that gives it the "look" of being perfect. I wouldn't worry about it, cause shes gonna think it looks perfect. I can't tell you how many times I've heard "The cake looks perfect!" and all I see is the flaws.icon_biggrin.gif

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 7:57pm
post #5 of 5

Duplicate post. Please see http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-644258.html for more replies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%