I Can't Believe I Baked The Wrong Size Cake!!!!

Decorating By emiyeric Updated 28 Jul 2009 , 2:54pm by txnonnie

emiyeric Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 7:38am
post #1 of 3

So I got back from work a couple of days ago (I work at a hospital and had a 30-hour call) and was trying to throw together my youngest munchkin's birthday cake for the next day. I had baked all but the last 10 inch layer (three tiers: 10, 8 and 6) for the bottom tier, so I threw some cake batter together and popped it in the oven. It unmolded perfectly, and I was gearing up for a long night of decorating, when I realized ... I'd baked a 12-in. cake instead!! Fortunately it wasn't for anybody but me, so I quickly carved a 10in out of the 12 in, and made do .... but boy! Did I feel dumb!

Anyhow! All in good fun .... cake turned out fine (I'll post pictures later). But this is exactly why I don't make any life-altering decision (no buying cars or deciding to have more kids, for example) when I'm post-call. icon_smile.gif

2 replies
MichelleM77 Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 2:38pm
post #2 of 3

Ha ha! Nice save. icon_smile.gif At least you made the cake too big instead of too small. That would not have worked out so well.

txnonnie Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 2:54pm
post #3 of 3

All ended well and that is all that matters. The customers don't need to know all the details of how we did things wrong. I know I did some things wrong on my airplane cake. Thought I was going to pull my hair out before I completed the cake. Looks pretty good, but the before completion and after completion was two complete different looks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%