Hdi: Get A "lipstick On The Mirror" Effect With Bc

Decorating By cupcakeco Updated 27 Jul 2009 , 5:33am by Rylan

cupcakeco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeco Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 3:57am
post #1 of 7

"Lipstick on a Mirror" effect with BC... or any other medium you think would work better?

I've yet to try anything, but want some jumping off points when I do. I was thinking of smearing it with my finger, a popsicle stick, a dowel...

oooor, could I get away with just using plain 'ole lipstick?! It is only going to be on the board so no one will be eating it, or any part of it. Obviously I know that lipstick is generally not intended for consumption but I can't help but wonder about it's exact toxicity (or lack thereof) when it's used so close (and often enters) the mouth.

And BTW this project is for family, nonpaid.

Off too Google I go..

TIA icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

6 replies
bakescakes1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakescakes1227 Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 4:35am
post #2 of 7

I think that considering no one will eat the part where lipstick is needed, you should just use plain old fashioned lipstick or use red luster dust, lipstick with obviously look best! icon_smile.gif

bakescakes1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakescakes1227 Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 4:37am
post #3 of 7

I think that considering no one will eat the part where lipstick is needed, you should just use plain old fashioned lipstick or use red luster dust, lipstick with obviously look best! icon_smile.gif BTW: Lipstick in small amounts is not toxic, just is unpleasant....ask my 3 year old neice, she ate half a stick of mine!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 4:41am
post #4 of 7

I'd go with gel colors smeared with your finger or a q tip.

cupcakeco Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 4:43am
post #5 of 7

Haha! I can't even imagine that any of us at one time or another has NOT eaten (either on purpose or by accident) some amount of lipstick. And we all turned out okay, right?! Hehe.

I'm psyched though because I actually did some research and found that WetnWild lipstick (the cheapie 99cent stuff.. only stuff I use!) is lead-free and considered Non-Toxic. Walgreens, here I come! icon_smile.gif

However..... if anyone has any suggestions, or objections, please don't hesitate. Thanks!

cupcakeco Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 4:48am
post #6 of 7

Rylan... that is a good idea and I hadn't thought of it. Perhaps if I add more gel than BC I can get the color saturation I want along with the opacity of lipstick...?

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 5:33am
post #7 of 7

Yes cupcakedeco, that sounds like a good idea.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%