Newbie With A Dream Lol

Decorating By MominSC Updated 23 Aug 2005 , 5:33am by stephanie214

MominSC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MominSC Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 12:20am
post #1 of 5

Hi all. I just joined here today in hopes of increasing my cake knowledge. I have recently developed a passion for using fondant but honestly have no clue what i am doing...LOL .. Here's my story. Baking has always been a passion, but im not the best. I have been trying to think of simple designs to start with. My biggest passion is to make one of those cakes that really takes your breath away...LOL . I have tried finding courses on learning to work with fondant, but the only thing I can find has directions that I am not familiar with. If anyone here is familiar with it, please email me when you have time. Thanks a bunch!!!!

Beth

4 replies
Spice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spice Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 12:33am
post #2 of 5

Hi, Beth keep dreaming it will come true. Wilton have a fondant class although it limited to certian technique, its a start. Most Hobby Lobbys, Michaels, and some JoAnn's Fabric Stores offer the classes. I new also to this site, it's very informative. I have taken the fondant class, now I'm using fondant for accents on some of the cakes I have done. Which are few rather new to cake decorating. However my, mon starting me baking at a very early age. Decades Ago. LOL

Spice

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 12:33am
post #3 of 5

Welcome to CakeCentral MominSC icon_smile.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/article47-How-to-Make-and-Decorate-with-Marshmallow-Fondant-MMF.html

The above link is for a marshmallow fondant or as we call it here, MMF.... it's not hard to do and the article will explain how it's done .. good luck and hope this helps icon_smile.gif

alimonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alimonkey Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 12:45am
post #4 of 5

Hi mominSC. I'm pretty new to the board myself, and have only been decorating since I got started with my daughter's bday cake in June.

I have only used MMF so far, though I'd like to give the regular stuff a shot soon, but I'd say if you can make a pie crust, you can use fondant. I can't make a pie crust to save my life, but I can cover a cake in fondant just fine.

The MMF is great because it's so cheap to make, you can mix up a batch just to play with and it will only cost you about $.75.

Also, you can pm me for whatever help I can offer .

Good luck, and practice, practice, practice.

Ali

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 5:33am
post #5 of 5

Welcome mominSC to CC.

I like working with fondant, have not tried the mmf yet.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%