Wow. I've Been Doing This Wrong The Whole Time!!!

Decorating By TheBlonde Updated 27 Jul 2009 , 5:02pm by __Jamie__

TheBlonde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheBlonde Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 11:58pm
post #1 of 6

Want a good laugh? So I started decorating cakes about 2 years ago. I do mostly tiered cakes. I've basically only done them for friends and family. I have NEVER used cake boards in between my tiers. HAHAHA. I can't believe my layers have never collapsed!!! I obviously taught myself how to decorate and never got the cake board memo....hahahaha WOW...total dumb blonde moment....hey, I'm naturally a blonde, I'm entitled to these moments icon_smile.gif

5 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 12:08am
post #2 of 6

I'm trying to imagine how you transferred your decorated tier onto the lower tier..........don't tell me....did you stack then ice and decorate? Didn't the tiers stick together? Did you use dowels or any support under the tiers?

Wow, this is a new one...LOL!!

TheBlonde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheBlonde Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 12:12am
post #3 of 6

Yea, I stacked and then iced and decorated. I always use dowels for support just never used cake boards in betweem. And YES, they always stick together. DUH! HAHAHA wow...I'm something else

Motta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motta Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 12:14am
post #4 of 6

That's something I would've done! (except I took classes, whew!!)

MrsMabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMabe Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 4:45pm
post #5 of 6

Lol I've done that. I did a 3D egg on top of a three-layer 9" round cake. I just plopped the egg on top without a board or any dowels. Then couldn't figure out why the round cake started bulging around the sides and all the frosting ripped off the bottom cake when I took the egg off. Thank goodness it was just a free cake I brought with me to a friend's party. icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 5:02pm
post #6 of 6

Hey, don't sweat it! We're actually the weird ones, because Sandra Lee does it all the time and never has problems either! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%