Damask Pattern?

Decorating By melodyscakes Updated 27 Jul 2009 , 4:39pm by __Jamie__

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 11:54pm
post #1 of 6

anyone have a technique for putting the damask pattern on the side of the cake? I didn't have much luck looking for fondant cutters for damask pattern on the internet.
thank you!

melody

5 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 5:42am
post #2 of 6

I've heard people use the Cricut machine to make patterns. You can also stencil them if you want.

lauritasolorzano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauritasolorzano Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 4:20pm
post #3 of 6

There are some stencils on culinarystencils.com I purchased them and they have worked really well for me.

Laura

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 4:25pm
post #4 of 6

I bought every cutter known to man, Stephen Bennison, Jennifer Dontz, all found under gumpaste cutter section in Global Sugar Art, and the floral pattern at Designer Stencils. Going to practice the actual stenciling tonight with the stencil set. Instructions can be found by googling, or in here I'm sure.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 4:34pm
post #5 of 6

I bought the Battenburg lace cutters and a leaf set. Combine those along with the Wilton set and you can produce most Damask patterns. I do a LOT of Damask cakes. Not a fan of stenciling. But the Cricut rocks!!

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 4:39pm
post #6 of 6

Yeah, I got talked into that stupid flower damask cake. And then found out that gorgeous one wasn't even done with the stencils. Arrrggh!! Oh well. Have a long time to practice. If I can pull it off, I'll be pretty smitten with myself!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%