Can This Be Done?! Help!!!!!

Decorating By gemstone2404 Updated 27 Jul 2009 , 3:04am by gemstone2404

gemstone2404 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gemstone2404 Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 9:41pm
post #1 of 4

My friend is afraid of getting sprayed by a skunk. We always tease her about it. icon_lol.gif Is there a way to make a skunk cake that "sprays" out the back?! This maybe impossible but I thought it would be so cute if it could be done. So I turn to the experts, if it can be done I know this is the place to find the answer. Would love it to "spray" like a green colored mist. Anyways, I'll await your guidance. THANKS SO MUCH!!! thumbs_up.gif

3 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 9:59pm
post #2 of 4

sure....

it's just like make a squirting "naughty" cake.

all you need is a piece of vinyl tubing (like the stuff used for the air hoses in a fish tank

something squeezable to hold the liquid (could be a turkey baster, a syringe (like the ones used to inject marinade into meats, an ear syringe, etc.) that you can attach one end of the tubing to.

and then the spray nozzle -- cannibalize something like a spray bottle

bake cake and assemble running the tubing through the cake.

tubing will have to run through hole in cake board.

then run through table cloth (use plastic so no big loss from punching hole.

then through gap in table (one that has insertable leaves -- just pull it apart just enough for tubing to go through.

someone sits at table with bulb/syringe in hand and fires it off at the appropriate time.

(of course, I'd be the one to rig a hot water bottle so could really douse the victim)

-----

if can't cannibalize a nozzle -- then gently heat end of tubing and pinch it down so it sprays in a flat stream -- for course that may look like it's taking a leak instead!

-----

two threads of interest with this cake:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-359343-skunk.html

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-456083-skunk.html

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 10:11pm
post #3 of 4

(now if only that post could have sounded like Pepé Le Pew was saying it)

----

a few more thoughts.

warning -- green liquid?!?!? could stain -- badly!! just think - dress, skirt/pants, carpet!

i'd stick to plain ol' water.

a stinky perfume could work -- but run the risk of getting it in the eyes and that would be a bad thing since perfume is alcohol based. possibly if diluted with enough water this could be an option (raid grandma's perfume stock! icon_rolleyes.gif)

of course could add something like almond or licorice or lemon extract to water to give it a smell.

or you might use rose water or lavender water

----

a "dusty" option -- use a slightly larger diameter of tubing.

then fill the last 4 to 6 inches at the end that is in the cake with baby powder

use a larger bulb filled with air

then it will puff out in her face

still shocking

gemstone2404 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gemstone2404 Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 3:04am
post #4 of 4

omg! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! You guys are so AWESOME!!! I knew this was the place to ask! You Guys Rock!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%