Painting On A Cake

Decorating By sugarsugargal Updated 27 Jul 2009 , 12:30am by Malakin

sugarsugargal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarsugargal Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 7:51pm
post #1 of 6

I have done one hand painted cake recently and used cocoa butter and dust colours, i was wondering if any of you professionals had any other tips or techniques for painting on cakes, i am interested to learn how you lovely people the other side of the pond do this type of thing icon_smile.gif

i am a newbie here, only found the site yesterday and love it already icon_smile.gif

xx

5 replies
CakeVision Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeVision Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 8:58pm
post #2 of 6

Sorry I don't know the answer, but wanted to at least say "Hi" and WELCOME!!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 9:15pm
post #3 of 6

Welcome to CC. There are lots of wonderful people in here as you may already know.

I am not a professional but I do have a background in painting. I think it is a great start to invest in nice fine brushes--do consider the food safety though. I believe countrykitchensa carry some nice ones.

You can also use gel colors dilluted in vodka or extracts and air brush colors works fine as well.

Good luck.

sugarsugargal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarsugargal Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 10:32pm
post #4 of 6

thanks for your replies icon_smile.gif i have tried the vodka but wasnt as keen as the cocoa butter, would love to learn to airbrush, but its so expensive to buy one !!!! i might start saving !

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 11:03pm
post #5 of 6

Oh they really are expensive but you can also use the airbrush colors straight from the bottle to use for painting.

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 12:30am
post #6 of 6

I either mix cocoa butter with petal dust or use gel colors in
vodka or lemon extract. It depends on what I am painting as to which I use. I haven't tried airbrush colors yet...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%