The Zoboomafoo Lemur?!

Decorating By Tashablueyes Updated 27 Jul 2009 , 4:41pm by brincess_b

Tashablueyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tashablueyes Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 2:47pm
post #1 of 4

Crud! I promised a friend I'd make her the Zoboomafoo character thinking I've done a couple of monkeys and they both turned out pretty great.... but upon closer inspection, Zoboomafoo is actually a Lemur... a weird gangly, fuzzy, ugly faced Lemur! I have NOOOO idea how to do this now! Any tips for carving something so skinny and what should I do about fur? Maybe just a grass tip?! Totally out of my league here and I know she's not expecting perfection, but I'm worried he will be unidentifiable!
Okay, it won't let me upload my picture but if anyone is intrigued enough to want to check one out, they're called Coquerel's Sifaka lemurs...

Help!

3 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 3:41pm
post #2 of 4

i think if you could do him sitting down, their legs look folded up and close to the body in the pics i found. so youd have a pretty basic chunky shape at the bottom, which is good.
head, maybe rice krispies....
arms.... rice krispies again? and try to keep them close to the body too. if you were feeling crafty, they might benefit from something nice and thick, like pipes inside, but that might be tricky to shape!
grass tips seem good for fur. i had a pretty decent result just roughing bc up with a knife, but the grass tip is much fluffier.
xx

Tashablueyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tashablueyes Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 6:07am
post #3 of 4

Thanks brincess_b, I was thinking that too, kinda make him look folded up and use RCT for arms and tail... I have a feeling he'll be one of those "by the seat of my pants" kinds of cakes. icon_wink.gif

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 4:41pm
post #4 of 4

those are the best kinds! good luck icon_smile.gif
xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%