Name Change??

Business By motherofgrace Updated 29 Jul 2009 , 12:53am by jlynnw

motherofgrace Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 12:19am
post #1 of 26

Hi everyone.

So I am preparing to enter my local farmers market, and am considering a name change.

I have recently added homemade candy to my list of cakes and cookies.

My name as of now is "Sweetheart Confections". But I wanted to incorperate my daughter in the name. so I was thinking of "Gracie's Sweet Tooth"

let me know what you think icon_smile.gif

Thanks in advance!

25 replies
-K8memphis Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 12:41am
post #2 of 26

My daughter's name is Grace and I love your name change.

motherofgrace Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 12:49am
post #3 of 26

thank you!!!!

Now i just need a slogan...... A little giggle in every bite??

-K8memphis Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 3:16pm
post #4 of 26

Since you're saying Sweet Tooth can you work some magic like some tooth fairy-ness in there somehow without it being childish?

A little fairy dust in every bite
agh...I'm not sure...

creating legends

a little magic in every bite >> I like that one!

motherofgrace Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 3:51pm
post #5 of 26

hahaha, but it should really be... " the begining of a long relationship with your dentist in every bite" LMAO

"Never doubt the sweet tooth of a child"... hmmmm

"Bringing out the child in everyone"

"unleash your inner child"

Rylan Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 9:56pm
post #6 of 26

How about "love at first bite"? But I think that is overly used.

jlynnw Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 10:55pm
post #7 of 26

Gracie's Sweet Tooth
Cakes, Cookies, and Candies
Making everyday into a Sweet Occasion

motherofgrace Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 2:11am
post #8 of 26

how about

"there is no limit to a childs imgination"

jlynnw Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 3:42am
post #9 of 26

In my thoughts, you would be cateering to children and only children. If that is where you are going, great, but I see your business as more than just for the kids, maybe something along the lines of for the child in all of us. IDK, still thinking. I am still looking for a name for me.

motherofgrace Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 4:01am
post #10 of 26

i like that.. " for the child in all of us"... i my have to take that from you lol

cylstrial Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 9:45pm
post #11 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cake-diva1986

i like that.. " for the child in all of us"... i my have to take that from you lol

That is really cute! icon_biggrin.gif

motherofgrace Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 10:39pm
post #12 of 26

so its decided LOL!!!! yay, than kyou all for your help, couldnt have done it with out you!

jlynnw Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 1:51am
post #13 of 26

ok, your turn. You can return the favor by helping me with a name. I talked with a "friend" about my plans and name. She is now in business with my name and using my slogan and ad campaign. I have a few weeks to come up with something or go with "Beyond Vanilla"

jlynnw Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 1:51am
post #14 of 26

ok, your turn. You can return the favor by helping me with a name. I talked with a "friend" about my plans and name. She is now in business with my name and using my slogan and ad campaign. I have a few weeks to come up with something or go with "Beyond Vanilla"

motherofgrace Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 2:08am
post #15 of 26

omg im so sorry to hear that..... ok what i think we need to know first is a bit about you, and what you sell... and your personality!

love to help!

cylstrial Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 2:57am
post #16 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynnw

That's terrible! I can't believe that your friend stole your name!! She obviously is not your friend. I'm sure that you figured it out...but don't even say a word to her again. Don't give her your recipes...

Just cut her off!

jlynnw Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 3:25am
post #17 of 26

Thanks, It has already been done. She also loving invited me to be an independant decorator for her for 35% of the cake sale (the price she determines) as long as she does not have to touch the cake. I needed to remember it is HER name going out the door. I would also be expected to decorate her freebie cakes for free. She donates several cakes each month to a variety of charities. I support her choice but is it even legal to operate like that? IDK, I just decided it would be best for me to have my own place. I just don't have a name now and need to get one for the permits. I have the hand sink to go and another trip with the HD for final approval. Then I will get all the papers and be legal. Seems backwards to get the place and then the papers, but....

motherofgrace Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 3:42am
post #18 of 26

is Beyond Vanilla the name she stole??

cylstrial Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 12:12pm
post #19 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynnw

Thanks, It has already been done. She also loving invited me to be an independant decorator for her for 35% of the cake sale (the price she determines) as long as she does not have to touch the cake. I needed to remember it is HER name going out the door. I would also be expected to decorate her freebie cakes for free. She donates several cakes each month to a variety of charities. I support her choice but is it even legal to operate like that? IDK, I just decided it would be best for me to have my own place. I just don't have a name now and need to get one for the permits. I have the hand sink to go and another trip with the HD for final approval. Then I will get all the papers and be legal. Seems backwards to get the place and then the papers, but....

She is an idiot! She doesn't want to touch a cake? But she is going to run a cake business? And she wants to give you 35% of the money so that she doesn't have to make the cake.

And hold on, you make free cakes for her - because WHY? And if you're her employee, it's not legal for her to make you work for free. Is she going to be legal? Call the Health Deptartment on her!

It sounds like you are doing well. Just about to get legal! Good for you! Just keep working hard and it will happen.

Here are a few thoughts for your business name. What about the name of your town? And then adding cakes at the end. Or the name of your street with cakes at the end? I'll probably have some more idea's later.

jlynnw Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 2:00pm
post #20 of 26

I would have gotten paid as long as she did not have to touch it. Like if she found that my border wasn't good enough, and she had to redo them. icon_confused.gif She does make and decorate cakes but not up to my standards, so the only part is that she took my name. I was suggested to go with "Beyond Vanilla" now that my name is not available. I could use vanilla orchids as the image as my logo. I just recently found out that the name is used by a group of adults with the desire to try different fetishes. icon_confused.gificon_surprised.gif I don't want to be linked with that.

Sorry for high jacking the thread. OP - how is your name going and tag line?

cylstrial Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 7:09pm
post #21 of 26

My mom came up with "A Touch of Vanilla".

motherofgrace Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 10:33pm
post #22 of 26

ok, so i looked through your photos, and no wonder she wanted you... YOUR FREAKIN AMAZING!!!

so... got some info so we can get started!

cylstrial Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 11:21pm
post #23 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

My mom came up with "A Touch of Vanilla".

I mean for you - if you're interested in the name and it's not already taken by someone else.

motherofgrace Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 12:20am
post #24 of 26

thats a nice name!

motherofgrace Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 12:21am
post #25 of 26

thats a nice name!

jlynnw Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 12:53am
post #26 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cake-diva1986

ok, so i looked through your photos, and no wonder she wanted you... YOUR FREAKIN AMAZING!!!

so... got some info so we can get started!

Thank you. I am no where near where I want to be. I am so flattered that you would think that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%