Anyone Participating In The Great American Bake Sale???

Decorating By poohthebear Updated 26 Jul 2009 , 6:42pm by CakeForte

poohthebear Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 11:25pm
post #1 of 3

I have signed up for the GABS to feed the children and was wondering if anyone else has done this? I will be picking a date and asking, a restaurant, and walmart if I can set up in front and sell desserts for the weekend. Plus am having a yard sale and plan on setting up there too.
Okay here comes the real question. I want to make cutesie things, like cookies on sticks, popcorn cupcakes and any other ideas you can help with. But the problem is that it is August and temps will be in the 90's and up. What will be a good way to be in the heat? I thought about dry ice under a box of goodies, what do you think??? And would love some ideas about what else to make. Every organization in my area does trays of cookies, and brownies, and some pies. I want to be different.

2 replies
playingwithsugar Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 6:31pm
post #2 of 3

You know, I would love to do this, but between local and state health codes, I would still need a commercial kitchen and label all the ingredients.

Check with your local authorities before embarking on this.

I ended up going to the store and buying a couple of bags of groceries for the local food pantry, instead.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

CakeForte Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 6:42pm
post #3 of 3

For Texas, bake sales for charity don't need a commercial kitchen. It doesn't hurt to double check.

Quote by @%username% on %date%