Fat Daddios 4" (Height) Cake Pans

Decorating By Suzisweet Updated 25 Aug 2009 , 1:40am by Suzisweet

Suzisweet Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 9:46pm
post #1 of 9

Does any one know what temperature and how long to bake cakes in these new 4" high pans? All sizes would be great but I definately need info for the 10 x 4 and the 6 x 4. Does the 10 need a heating core?
Many thanks in advance!
Suzi detective.gif

8 replies
2SimplySweet Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 6:15am
post #2 of 9

I love the 4 inch FatDaddio Pans. I bake my cakes at 325. If it is a box cake 50 minutes if it is from scratch then 55-60 minutes. It will also depend on how well your oven keeps the heat, Some oven temps can be hotter as well as not as hot. Good Luck!! thumbs_up.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 2:26pm
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SimplySweet

I love the 4 inch FatDaddio Pans. I bake my cakes at 325. If it is a box cake 50 minutes if it is from scratch then 55-60 minutes. It will also depend on how well your oven keeps the heat, Some oven temps can be hotter as well as not as hot. Good Luck!! thumbs_up.gif

What size pan is that? I'm asking because my 10x3" deep pan takes 75 minutes at 325.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Suzisweet Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 3:54pm
post #4 of 9

Hi playingwithsugar
The pans we were discussing are all 4" in height rounds. They come in a full range of sizes but I was having problems (that I now have somewhat under control) with the 4 x 4 , 6 x 4 and 10 x 4. I really had to make adjustments to time and temps for recipes so that they would raise properly and cook completly. They are great pans that save you time from baking an additional cake. Just bake a 4" and torte. I love them!

playingwithsugar Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 4:25pm
post #5 of 9

Thanks - Yes, that's what I meant, the diameter.

That's why I use the 3" pans, but I torte twice, so when it's done, it still comes to 4" tall.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Suzisweet Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 4:37pm
post #6 of 9

Theresa,
Funny I haven't given much thought to torte twice on a 3" unless I was making a certain cake that called for that technique. I will have to try that. I love the look of a nice tall cake. BUT I just could not resist the 4" pans! I have always baked but recently have really gotten into the serious cake decorating end of it and am still learning all of the tricks and short cuts. I am addicted!
Suzi

playingwithsugar Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 4:41pm
post #7 of 9

I'm so programmed by the 3" now, that I would absolutely die if I had to re-time everything to a 4" depth.

I like the look of the extra layer in the cake, and heck, who'd complain about a little extra frosting or filling, right?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 11:38pm
post #8 of 9

Suzisweet -

Did you figure out any timings for your 4" pans yet? I'm curious as to how they bake up for you. Oh, and are you using a standard or convection oven to bake with these?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Suzisweet Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 1:40am
post #9 of 9

Theresa,
I am still working on it but have had mixed results. I have a home standard gas oven. I just purchased a commercial gas convection oven though and I am waiting for a part I needed to hook it up. I think that I might have a much easier time of it once that is up and running. I'll keep you posted. I will not give up on these pans...because when they turn out they are beautiful!
Suzi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%