Getting Sharp Corners With Fat Daddios Square Pans???

Decorating By Larkin121 Updated 29 Jul 2009 , 3:38pm by CakeandDazzle

Larkin121 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Larkin121 Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 8:56pm
post #1 of 5

So, I made the mistake of ordering pans before researching them here, lol. Now I have Fat Daddios square pans, which bake great and all but the corners are super super rounded - not "slightly" as they suggest, in my opinion. I used them for the wedding cake I did and the corners are far from sharp. I figure that might just be given when using fondant without having the right pans. But is there a way to make these corners look sharp with buttercream? Can I "build" the corners with the frosting and will they stay there?

And is there anyway to fake it to make the fondant sharper? I think the weight of fondant might crush any fake frosting made corners...

Thanks for your help... will have to save up for some other pans soon, but this will help in the mean time!

4 replies
CakeandDazzle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeandDazzle Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 3:33am
post #2 of 5

i build my corners with SMBC all the time... then i refridge then i cut/shave them with a knife to get them perfect... it works for smbc because it gets rock hard in the fridge... so is fine under the fondant... hth

pipsqueak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipsqueak Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 3:30pm
post #3 of 5

I've seen SMBC in several posts here and I know that there is a place where all the translations are for these abbreviations. But I don't know where it is. Can someone tell me what SMBC is and where to find the translations?

pipsqueak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipsqueak Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 3:32pm
post #4 of 5

I've seen SMBC in several posts here and I know that there is a place where all the translations are for these abbreviations. But I don't know where it is. Can someone tell me what SMBC is and where to find the translations?

CakeandDazzle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeandDazzle Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 3:38pm
post #5 of 5

smbc- swiss merigue buttercream... its a buttercream made with whipped egg whites... very very very yummy!! but i dont know where the post of everything is... sry

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%