Need Opinions On This Cake

Decorating By TheBlonde Updated 25 Jul 2009 , 6:05pm by Rylan

TheBlonde Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 12:34pm
post #1 of 4

I am making a cake for August 15th for a coworker's granddaughter's birthday. When I asked my coworker what colors she wanted she said "PINK PINK PINK. The birthday girl loves everything pink!" So, here's my question. Below is the cake I did for my daughter's birthday a couple years ago. It's going to be the same cake but obviously pink. Do you think it will be too much pink if I cover both tiers of the cake in pink BC iceing? I'm thinking maybe a very light pink with the rest of the decorations a brighter pink. What do you think? Will it be too much pink? Should I leave the tiers white?

3 replies
mindy1204 Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 12:40pm
post #2 of 4

There is never too much pink in my daughters eyes so it would probably be great.

cylstrial Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 1:47pm
post #3 of 4

I think it would look great too. Maybe you could do a pale pink for the castle and a bright pink for the tower things. =o) (I can't think of the right word for them).

Rylan Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 6:05pm
post #4 of 4

Just like cylstrial said, I'd use two tones. I'd go for a really pale pink and a darker shade (not neccesarily bright) of pink. I'd also add an accent color such as white, gold or silver--the mettalic colors to give it a royal feel.

Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%