Urgent! Can You Combine Rich's Better Cream W/cream Cheese?

Baking By sparklynne Updated 17 Oct 2009 , 4:23pm by fearlessbaker

sparklynne Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 6:24am
post #1 of 6

Sorry if this is a double post of a question from way back.. I started looking in forum topics and ran out of time. I would like to know if you can combine softened cream cheese with better cream to make a nice cream cheese better cream frosting? I am in need of this information rapidly as I have a cake for tomorrow that needs to be filled and was thinking of going the better cream route.. If anyone knows I would truly appreciate this. Thank you so much for your time. TIA icon_smile.gif

5 replies
KoryAK Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 7:55am
post #2 of 6

I have never tried it, but I highly doubt it would work.

savedbyhisgrace Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 1:22pm
post #3 of 6

I just made rich's better cream for filling and did one batch with chocolate pudding mix to make a mousse, one with cheesecake pudding mix, and one with peanut butter. Just need to do it a day ahead so the pudding dissolves and may need to adjust the consistancy but it is fine. Just let in whip a few minutes first so it is already getting fluffy and of course, make sure the cream cheese is room temp. I would probably whip the cream cheese in a seperate bowl so it's smooth before adding.

sparklynne Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 7:46am
post #4 of 6

Thank you for your input icon_smile.gif

BlakesCakes Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 7:03pm
post #5 of 6

I make mock mousses with Bettercream all of the time.

I take a box of instant pudding mix, dissolve it with hot water to the thickness of children's paste (about 6 TBSP of hot water usually works). I beat the Bettercream to soft peaks, add some of that to the pudding, and then put it all together and beat for a minute or so. Super stuff, especially when I use cheesecake pudding mix! No waiting for anything to dissolve. The result is an essentially non-dairy, shelf stable filling.

That said, if you add cream cheese to Bettercream, it's no longer dairy free, no longer shelf stable, and will require refrigeration. I can't say how it would act as an icing. I'm not sure that it wouldn't separate pretty quickly. It might be OK as a filling.

You can buy cream cheese flavoring from Bickford. You can flavor the Bettercream with that, or you can make a mock mousse with vanilla pudding and add the cream cheese flavoring to that.

fearlessbaker Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 4:23pm
post #6 of 6

Can small fondant or candy clay blossoms be placed on Bettercream? Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%