So... Disaster After Disaster...

Decorating By Myjeanny Updated 27 Jul 2009 , 1:55pm by Myjeanny

Myjeanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Myjeanny Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 3:04am
post #1 of 7

So I have this big baby shower cake to do for tomorrow....... I made this beautiful baby with marzipan. I put it in the fridge while i went to get some hair stuff for it and when my daughter saw it she screamed. SHe said it look too real and that it was creapy to have that on the cake. So I called the mom-to-be and showed her the baby and she agreed. So I threw it away.

Today I have to cover the cake in fondant for tomorrow. I try and try but it keeps breaking on me its just to humid and hot here in Florida. So I said screw this and I will make bc instead. Of course it is not going to be as good but I guess it will do.

I am so dissapointed that the designed i want is not going to come out, but I guess is not a complete loss. I finished the bottom part of the cake and I will work on the rest tomorrow..... I cant take any more cake stuff tonight.

I will post pics when I am done.... wish me luck!

6 replies
mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindy1204 Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 3:44am
post #2 of 7

Good Luck. I used a mold that looks like a real baby and I just love it. Made a shower cake with it tonight. We did cover the babies bottow up with a blanket but I really wanted the baby to be natural.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 4:32am
post #3 of 7

We all have days like this when everything just seems to go wrong. The best thing to do is to put it all away get a good nights rest and start fresh tomorrow.

Good luck!

CookieO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieO Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 7:54am
post #4 of 7

Wow, that must have been one fabulous baby modeling job. did you take a pic of it before you threw it away, I hope? icon_smile.gif

Wishing you luck girl (from the consistent master of disaster that I am over here...lol).

Can't wait to see your finished cake. icon_smile.gif

Myjeanny Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 1:33am
post #5 of 7

I was not going to stress over fondant. I whiped together the best buttercream and it turned out delicious.

I havent figured out how to post a picture here but it is in my album. It is "babyshower" Thank God for plan B! icon_smile.gif

CookieO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieO Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 3:54pm
post #6 of 7

pretty! like the stencil work. nice save there. icon_smile.gif

Myjeanny Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 1:55pm
post #7 of 7

It didnt have a stencil..... here is the pic

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%