What Happened To Friday Night Cake Club??

Decorating By Monelove Updated 25 Jul 2009 , 4:52pm by playingwithsugar

Monelove Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 3:01am
post #1 of 19

I finally have input and I don't see a string. icon_sad.gif

18 replies
pipe-dreams Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 3:10am
post #2 of 19

Although Leah usually starts it, anyone can really start it. So I guess this is it icon_wink.gif

I have no cakes this week, so I'm relaxing after a long day of shopping.

Molly2 Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 3:28am
post #3 of 19

I have no cake this week either but I had a big one last Friday night it came out great its in my pics the pirate ship and treasure island cake

Molly

DefyGravity Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 3:34am
post #4 of 19

I just got done making some fondant figures for my class on Tuesday. It's going to be a huge hit or an epic failure.

Monelove Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 3:38am
post #5 of 19

Technically, I don't have a "cake" this week either but I've started working on my DH's suprise birthday cake which is a little over two weeks away (he is at band practice tonite). He's a drummer so I'm making him a drum cake, I started making the metal hardware that goes around the drum. I'm waiting for the fondant to dry then I'll paint it silver next time he has a practice night.

__Jamie__ Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 3:43am
post #6 of 19

Nothing tonight. Yay! Delivered a little one to a birthday luncheon today. I love those deliveries. All the people at surrounding tables, great exposure!

Deb_ Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 4:24am
post #7 of 19

Hi All,

Baking cookies for a Bridal Shower on Sunday........think I'll make my icing and color it too....................Home alone tonite, kiddos are out with friends and DH went to PA to visit his parents. (I was lucky to avoid that one, thanks to this order) LOL!!

playingwithsugar Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 4:31am
post #8 of 19

I'm surfing between posts, seeking out a dragonfly design that I can turn into a cake. My step-daughter's BFF is getting married in two weeks, and of course, they waited until a few days ago to ask me to do the cake. She's a dragonfly freak, so that's the cake du jour.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

__Jamie__ Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 4:33am
post #9 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

I'm surfing between posts, seeking out a dragonfly design that I can turn into a cake. My step-daughter's BFF is getting married in two weeks, and of course, they waited until a few days ago to ask me to do the cake. She's a dragonfly freak, so that's the cake du jour.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

http://images.google.com/images?q=dragonfly%20cake&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-USicon_surprised.giffficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

Here's some ideas! What an opportunity to use lots of metallics and shimmers!

Mensch Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 4:36am
post #10 of 19

All cakes are done and photographed and boxed! Woo hoo!

__Jamie__ Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 4:41am
post #11 of 19

Oooooh Mensch, just pm me and show me your pics. I won't tell anyone who you are. I promise. I'm always curious what kind of designs you make. icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

Yeah? Yeah? icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Mensch Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 4:50am
post #12 of 19

haha! I am Secret-Kitty!!!!! That's what we call our cat when he thinks he's spying on us!

They are quite modern, lots of fondant. No whoreborders and tuc-n-ruffle, fountains and stairways. I would rather stab myself in the eye with a dull and rusty fork that use Tuc-n-ruffle.

I haven't downloaded them yet. I usually update my website on Sundays.

dutchy1971 Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 4:57am
post #13 of 19

I delivered 4 small wedge cakes to my sisters Study group for a treat, last group study before their big test on Monday. Another cake in the oven for a last minute panicked friend who forgot to order a cake for her friends 30th tomorrow, nothing fancy just a simple small cake, but I'm going to get to play with my new cricut on this one for the lettering whooooooot icon_smile.gif

__Jamie__ Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 5:01am
post #14 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensch

haha! I am Secret-Kitty!!!!! That's what we call our cat when he thinks he's spying on us!

They are quite modern, lots of fondant. No whoreborders and tuc-n-ruffle, fountains and stairways. I would rather stab myself in the eye with a dull and rusty fork that use Tuc-n-ruffle.

I haven't downloaded them yet. I usually update my website on Sundays.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Whoreborders!!!!

Mensch Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 5:17am
post #15 of 19

I know! icon_lol.gif

Such an apt description.

FromScratch Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 5:53am
post #16 of 19

LMAO... whoreboarders and tuc-n-ruffle!!! icon_lol.gif

If you say that in the mirror 5 times in the dark with a candle lit... you will get killed with a star tip by a giant buttercream rose. icon_wink.gif

I am baking tonight (done and waiting for the last one to cool while I make some icing... and check here of course)... two tastings this weekend and a 3-d carved replica of a tanker truck due Sunday. Should be fun?

playingwithsugar Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 2:57pm
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensch

No whoreborders and tuc-n-ruffle, fountains and stairways. I would rather stab myself in the eye with a dull and rusty fork that use Tuc-n-ruffle.

My neighbor asked me to do her daughter's Sweet 16 cake in September, with all that old school on it. I don't even know where the heck my garland marker is. And she wants the staircases and fountain, for 50 people. I don't normally sell cakes, but I quoted her a price of $150 including rental of plates, pillars, fountain and stairs, and she almost had a stroke. So I told her to go to the neighborhood IGA market and get a price, then get back to me.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Molly2 Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 4:42pm
post #18 of 19

Playinwithsugar

I'd like to know her respones and I bet it want taste as good as yours.

Molly

playingwithsugar Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 4:52pm
post #19 of 19

Well, I know I was undercharging for everything, but she's my next door neighbor, and we are always trading off homemade Boricuan delicacies, so it didn't bother me to discount it. I already have the plastics, so I don't have to buy anything. I didn't charge an actual deposit for the plastics, just a small rental fee. She wanted sweet icing, so I was going to do the PS-type, which kept the cost down.

I told her that I had to do a cake this week, so I will make up a small one for them to taste, and then they can decide from there.

I'll let you know what she decides.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%