Paisley Design

Decorating By pastrymama Updated 29 Jul 2009 , 2:59am by xstitcher

pastrymama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrymama Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 10:04pm
post #1 of 11

I have a cake order that wants the paisley design from their invitations on the sides and part of the top of a square cake. How would I transfer the design to the cake? The icing will be buttercream. The design is pretty detailed with the paisley shapes and some floral shapes.

10 replies
CakeandDazzle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeandDazzle Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 3:48am
post #2 of 11

bump

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 6:25am
post #3 of 11

I would make an RI stamp and use that. Make sure you give the RI enough time to dry.

Polkadot79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Polkadot79 Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 6:15pm
post #4 of 11

How do you make a RI stamp? I understand the piping the RI, but what do you attach it to to stamp on the side?

xstitcher Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 12:55am
post #5 of 11

I found out how to do it from another post. Rocketgirl899 posted a tutorial on how to do a RI stamp. It's great having such great folks on CC willing to share their techniques. Thanks again Rocketgirl899!

Here's the link:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-609974-ri.html+stamp

HTH! icon_smile.gif

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 1:19am
post #6 of 11

I love the paisley cake on the cover of the Country Kitchen Sweet Art catalogue, but I couldn't find paisley cutters anywhere in the catalogue. Can anyone else find them in there? I looked on the website, too, but couldn't find them. Guess I'll have to contact them and ask.

xstitcher Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 1:29am
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthecake

I love the paisley cake on the cover of the Country Kitchen Sweet Art catalogue, but I couldn't find paisley cutters anywhere in the catalogue. Can anyone else find them in there? I looked on the website, too, but couldn't find them. Guess I'll have to contact them and ask.

I don't know if these are exactly what your looking for but here are some paisley cutters.

http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=20229

xstitcher Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 1:39am
post #8 of 11

I just did some more researching and the paisley design on the cake (country kitchen art's catalog pic) is from a candy mold. Here's the link:

http://autumncarpenter.wordpress.com/2008/10/30/new-paisley-candy-mold-to-coordinate-with-paisley-texture-mat/

cutthecake Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 1:40am
post #9 of 11

Thanks, xstitcher. Those are nice, but they're not the same shape as the paisley on the cover. The ones I like have a swirly curlique on the end.
Are you a cross-stitcher? Cross-stitchcing was an obsession of mine several years ago. Then quilting, stained glass, machine embroidery, mosaics............... Then cookie baking, then cakes....... 'Round and 'round I go!

cutthecake Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 1:55am
post #10 of 11

Wow, xstitcher! You should be a detective! Thanks for finding that for me. I was barking up the wrong tree, looking for paisley cookie or fondant cutters.

xstitcher Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 2:59am
post #11 of 11

Your welcome. Glad I could help and yes I used to cross stitch once upon a time. Couldn't imagine doing it now with my little ones getting all tangled up in the thread icon_lol.gif . Icing is way more fun.....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%