Woohoo! I Got To Meet Indydebi....

Decorating By KitchenKat Updated 25 Jul 2009 , 6:33pm by cylstrial

KitchenKat Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 6:15pm
post #1 of 6

...and she's fabulous! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Straight talking, no nonsense, very welcoming and friendly. Full of Southern charm. I was tongue-tied for a while but she made me feel like a long lost friend, I would've stayed and chatted with her all day if I could. If I was a fan before I'm a groupie now.

Favorite part of my short visit: trying her famous indydebi bc (worth all the raves it gets on cc), sampling champagne cupcakes she made from scratch (yuuuuuuuuummmmmy!), talking cake (but of course!), hearing the (in)famous debi laugh (part shriek, part walrus bark, all debi!), and free cookies.

Boy oh boy those cookies are great. I'm having to hide them from my little ones so I can have them all for myself. I can't decide if I like chocolate chip better than lemon. Mmmmmmmm thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Oh and I had to beg her to let me try a piece from a two-week old cake she was about to throw out. Man it was good! So if her two-week old cake is soooo good, imagine what her freshly baked cake would be like!
thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

It's soooo wonderful to put a face to cc names. It's sooooo wonderful to meet Debi! My only regret: I forgot to take pictures! Aaaaarghh!

5 replies
cylstrial Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 7:18pm
post #2 of 6

That's really cute! How did you get to meet her?

indydebi Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 10:03pm
post #3 of 6

You weren't the only one who had a great time! Gotta tell everyone that she brought her 3 kids and her sister and they were not only polite but very proper young folks! And that only comes from good parenting! thumbs_up.gif

The visit was much too short, but we did agree that when her son, who may be going to Butler Univ, gets homesick for some homemade cookies, we can take care of him for her! thumbs_up.gif

I LUV meeting my fellow CC'ers!! icon_biggrin.gif

cylstrial Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 12:17pm
post #4 of 6

Was there a cake shindig recently? (Hehe).

KitchenKat Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 1:46pm
post #5 of 6

Naaah. No shindig. icon_smile.gif

Our family was in Indianapolis to visit Butler university. We're scouting for colleges for my oldest son. My dh took him to the Butler recruitment event and I hauled our little kids to Debi's shop. Fun, fun visit. icon_biggrin.gif

cylstrial Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 6:33pm
post #6 of 6

Aww...that's a cute story!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%