When The Coworker "knows It All"

Decorating By auntmamie Updated 21 Oct 2009 , 4:58am by just_for_fun

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 2:30pm
post #31 of 38

Wow! Thanks for all the support!

The crazy thing is, I was doing most of the planning. I had gone to these two girls, because we all work with the mom to be, and asked if they would like to plan a party together. I asked their opinions, and even offered that they should take care of certain points to make this a group effort. They were willing, but it to everyone else, the credit went to me. At the lunch, one coworker made it a point to thank me for all of my hard work putting together the party, and the jealous one right then went to get the presents that she took time out of her life to buy. Oh, and they weren't what the three of us decided on! Because she knew best!

Oh well - I guess there are always going to be people like this in the world. All I can do is realize that she is jealous, and that I can chalk it up to being able to do something I couldn't before! (and avoid another costco cake - there hasn't been one at work since I started!)

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 2:52pm
post #32 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBear3

I know how you feel! Off topic of cakes -- I'm 11 weeks pregnant and if you've ever been pregnant or have kids you know that EVERYONE knows things better than you do. My mom has been driving me up a wall telling me that this won't work, and I shouldn't do this, and it's my decision but then she bad mouths my decision............so believe me! I know how you feel!

I don't know what type of relationship you have with your mother but if it was my mother, I'd tell her to take a hike!! As long as you believe that it WILL work.... thats all that matters. Have your baby and give it as much love as you possibly can.

BTW...Congrats!

yamber82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yamber82 Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 5:54pm
post #33 of 38

i just realised i got quite a few photo comments in the last 2 days and i think most of them were after my post on this topic so if you guys are still reading this...

thanks for all the wonderful comments!!! it totally makes my day when soemone leaves me a photo comment, hehe icon_smile.gif

three_sets_of_twins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
three_sets_of_twins Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 6:19am
post #34 of 38

I agree with some of the other posters, I think this woman was just jealous that you can make such a nice cake and she cant.
Some people though I guess its in their nature to just critisize and they think theyre helping you improve. The other day a woman I dont know very well asked if her daughter could come help me with a huge order for some summer work. I said sure I'll try her out (daughter was soo lazy but thats another story!) Well the mom said she'd like to stay too. I said fine but I will be in the kitchen working.
The mom stood there critiquing EVERYTHING! She doesnt even know the first thing about making desserts! "it would look better if you did it this way, that way, used this, use that, no no this is better, no it would look nicer like that..." I just kept having to repeat over and over again "well this is how I do it!!".
And yeah, it was dumb for them to put the cake next to the window in july. they were asking for it.
and LMAOOO@ pink!!!!! wth!!! I assume this was a free cake that theyre critisizing?!?

DsLady614 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DsLady614 Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 2:00pm
post #35 of 38

Yup! Jealousy is a terrible thing. I had one of those in my last office. I don't sell things, I just used my office as guinea pigs. Every time I'd take something in, she'd have something to say. Constantly telling me how great she was at decorating, how she NEVER told people she did it, because it just became too time consuming, on and on and on!! She was even that way about the work we did, EVERYTHING.

I basically ignored everything she said, and was totally vindicated when, right near Christmas she broke down and baked everyone a goodie bag... to show me up. AWFUL!!! All drop type cookies... despite her wonderful abilities. And they were terrible!! She actually paid me to make cookies for her daughters class... and I think I know why!

Pay no mind to people like that!

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 6:25pm
post #36 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by vstar_pilot

Yup! Jealousy is a terrible thing. I had one of those in my last office. I don't sell things, I just used my office as guinea pigs. Every time I'd take something in, she'd have something to say. Constantly telling me how great she was at decorating, how she NEVER told people she did it, because it just became too time consuming, on and on and on!! She was even that way about the work we did, EVERYTHING.

I basically ignored everything she said, and was totally vindicated when, right near Christmas she broke down and baked everyone a goodie bag... to show me up. AWFUL!!! All drop type cookies... despite her wonderful abilities. And they were terrible!! She actually paid me to make cookies for her daughters class... and I think I know why!

Pay no mind to people like that!

It would be nice if most people were that obvious about being envious. My frenemies were sooo good at making me think that they were my friends....as most fenemies are. What they did to me totally blindsided me. They totally wanted to BE me. Remember the movie SINGLE WHITE FEMALE? My version is called SINGLE BLACK FEMALE...complete with psychotic roomates (one who stole the love of my life) and backstabbing childhood friends who were people I would have died for....now I just want them dead. That has been my problem....being fiercely loyal to the wrong people.

I have learned that people will really hurt you when they want to be you.

Cake_Karen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Karen Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 7:52pm
post #37 of 38

She sound more like a cow-worker not a co-worker!!!

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 4:58am
post #38 of 38

I have a BIL like that - he once had an arguement w/ my brother who worked with diamonds at the time about something having to do w/ diamonds. He knew better cause his father sells diamonds! Wow! I didn't know knowledge was genetic!

And talking about backstabbing friends, I found that if you feel you're giving alot to a person, step back and see if they're giving a bit, too. Not that I do favors for my friends to get back stuff, but I found that those that didn't reciprocate (not big gifts, but little favors, real true friendship) were just using me. One of those costed me a few thousand dollars and a few friends when she talked nasty about me. They realized later that she was nuts and they're friendly w/ me now, but it will never go back to how it was.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%