This Should Be Good For A Laugh...

Decorating By tnterri Updated 25 Jul 2009 , 5:35am by txsteph

tnterri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tnterri Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 9:08pm
post #1 of 11

After months of being an outsider, I finally decided to join CC! I've always wanted to comment in the forums, but I figured my first post should be something lighthearted. For all you having a bad day, hopefully this will cheer you up.

I am in process of making my mom's 50th birthday cake. I was just in the kitchen whipping up some chocolate buttercream when I hear a weird sound. Somehow, the beaters came out of my mixer and were still spinning in the bowl causing said bowl to go flying across my kitchen and covering everything in sight in chocolatey goodness. Even the dogs. Awesome. I just spent the past 30 minutes scraping chocolate off of everything in sight. I smell like a bon bon and now have to make a new batch of buttercream, but it definitely lightened the mood of my cake frustrations!!!

I hope you guys are having better luck today than I am, and next time I'll be sure to push the beaters all the way in! icon_wink.gif

10 replies
__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 9:17pm
post #2 of 11

Lol! That is hilarious, glad no one got hit with anything....erm, other than chocolate? Once, I knocked a bottle of vitamins into my KA while it was giong full speed...NOT pretty! I'm lucky the whole thing wasn't damaged.

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 9:30pm
post #3 of 11

LOL yumm chocolate doggies!! icon_smile.gif

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 9:38pm
post #4 of 11

Oh! A long time ago, in my kitchen at home, probably the 2nd time I made MMF, I was going to wrap it up after kneading it...and dropped it right on top of my sleeping dog. Sooooo funny! That went into the trash! Bah!

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 1:33pm
post #5 of 11

_Jamie_....why didn't you just pick off the hair? What's the problem? <shrug> (HA...just kidding icon_smile.gif )

tnterri...Hilarious! And welcome to CC!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 2:01pm
post #6 of 11

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Lucille (Ball) Ricardo would be proud of you!

tnterri Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 2:57pm
post #7 of 11

I felt exactly like Lucy!!! My dog's name is even Lucy... haha. I really wish I would have just stopped and videotaped it. One dog licking frosting off the other, it was all over my cabinets, in my hair, on my eyebrows, etc. All the while, the mixer is still just spinning away... priceless

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 3:24pm
post #8 of 11

Welcome tnterri! That is a funny story but watch your dogs very closely. Chocolate can be fatal to them.

BTW, I notice you are in Knoxville. I'm flying up there tomorrow morning but only staying till Sunday. Is there anything special happening Saturday night that would be fun to do?

tnterri Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 4:45pm
post #9 of 11

parable- I would say I would meet up with you and show you all there is to see ( I used to be a Knoxville tour guide!), but I am actually going to Nashville this weekend! If you're only in Knoxville for a day or 2, I would definitely check out Market Square and downtown. During the day on Saturday they usually have a Farmer's Market and entertainment in Market Square. Within Market Square, I would have to recommend Cafe 4 for lunch. They also have a great bakery with amazing cupcakes! On Gay St is the Knoxville Visitor's Center, i'd check it out for coupons and freebies. Also on Gay St is my favorite place in Knoxville- the Mast General Store! You HAVE to go there, it is amazing! They have old time candies, toys, kitchen equipment, clothing, etc. It is a truly unique place. The Crown and Goose Restaurant is in the Old City (right next to downtown), and I would highly recommend it. It is an English Pub and they have a live band every Saturday night. Right off of downtown is World's Fair park that is nice to walk around in. You can go up in the Sunsphere and get a bird's eye view of all of Knoxville. I hope all this helps you and that you enjoy our fine little city!

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 7:40pm
post #10 of 11

Thanks for all the info! I have been to the Mast General Store and I agree it is amazing. Thanks again.

txsteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txsteph Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 5:35am
post #11 of 11

Welcome to CC tnterri! Your story reminded me of a mishap of mine. I was about 11 yrs old & decided I wanted to make chocolate pudding. I dumped the mix & milk into the bowl, took my moms hand mixer, turned it on & then put it in the bowl .. needless to say, I ended up with pudding all over me, the counter & cabinets. First lesson learned, do not turn it on until it is IN the bowl.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%