May Have Shot Myself In The Foot Help!

Decorating By TOMAY Updated 24 Jul 2009 , 2:25pm by KASCARLETT

TOMAY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TOMAY Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 8:10pm
post #1 of 6

So I have a big cake I am doing for family , so of course I am doing other things as well So I chose to freeze. I baked my cakes Tuesday , cooled crumb coated and let set overnight at room temp, Wednesday I finished icing placed in the freezer I took out today and noticed these cakes are hard as rocks I decorated , should I place back in the freezer and take them out or can I leave them out for a late Saturday wedding I just do not want anything to spoil. There is nothing inside the cakes that needs to be refrigerated and the icing is an all shortening recipe

5 replies
KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 8:52pm
post #2 of 6

Did you wrap the cakes? They will be hard as rocks when they are still frozen. I wouldn't refreeze though. They should be okay sitting out.

TOMAY Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 10:28pm
post #3 of 6

No I did not wrap as this is a new deep freeze that has never been used so I am not at risk for yuck flavor even still I placed a arm and hammer freezer puck in just in case . I thought It would be fine I just wanted to make sure

TOMAY Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 10:31pm
post #4 of 6

No I did not wrap as this is a new deep freeze that has never been used so I am not at risk for yuck flavor even still I placed a arm and hammer freezer puck in just in case . I thought It would be fine I just wanted to make sure

KASCARLETT Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 2:24pm
post #5 of 6

You also need to wrap the cakes for other reasons, not just for the odors. You have the condensation factor, moistness and freezer burn. You can check it after it thaws completely, but it may or may not be moist.

KASCARLETT Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 2:25pm
post #6 of 6

You also need to wrap the cakes for other reasons, not just for the odors. You have the condensation factor, moistness and freezer burn. You can check it after it thaws completely, but it may or may not be moist.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%