Fondant Sheet Roller For Kitchenaid® Mixer - Not Pasta Att.

Decorating By mbt4955 Updated 24 Jul 2009 , 3:11am by BlakesCakes

mbt4955 Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 6:17pm
post #1 of 5

Has anyone used this? I just saw it on kitchen krafts dot com. Based on some earlier threads about KitchenAid not honoring the warranty if you used fondant with your pasta attachment, I just had to take a look.

That attachment says KitchenAid big as day on the side and it is being sold as a fondant attachment. Here is the description ... Create strips of fondant the easy way. Attach this sheeter to your KitchenAid® mixer and let the motor do all the work. This pasta/fondant sheeter rolls fondant into thick or thin sheets and creates 6" wide sheets. Just emboss, cut, or drape on your cake decorating project!

I tried to copy the picture and am not having much luck (need to reboot), but here is the link. Take the extra spaces out of the name:

http://www. kitchen krafts .com/product.asp?pn=BE0239&c2p=hp

Any input, anyone? Thanks!

Trying the link again -- www dot kitchen krafts dot com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_BE0239

4 replies
PinkZiab Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 6:47pm
post #2 of 5

They're jsut calling it a fondant sheeter... it's still the same pasta roller.

cylstrial Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 6:50pm
post #3 of 5

I wonder if they will replace it if it breaks, since it's supposedly meant for fondant?

mbt4955 Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 6:59pm
post #4 of 5

I just emailed Kitchen Krafts asking for warranty information. We'll see ...

BlakesCakes Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 3:11am
post #5 of 5

That's just the pasta roller from Kitchenaid using an alias. icon_eek.gif

I have no idea why the marketing company is calling it a "fondant sheeter", because it doesn't even come close. You can roll out a piece about 5-6 inches wide and about 2 feet long.

I use it to roll thin pieces of fondant and gum paste all of the time. I've never had a single problem with it. You have to start the piece thin enough to go thru on the widest setting and it will flow thru beautifully.

Mine is out of warranty, but if it was still covered and it broke--I was rolling out dough for lasagna....................

Quote by @%username% on %date%