My Moan Of The Day...

Lounge By sarand Updated 23 Jul 2009 , 6:14pm by lardbutt

sarand Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 5:41pm
post #1 of 3

Sorry but I need to have a bit of a moan...

Why is it that when you tell someone the price of a cake they look at you like you have just robbed them! I am starting to get a bit sick of telling people how much a cake costs and then making me feel terribe for asking for money...

I was asked how much for a 12inch sponge cake for a 60th Birthday and one of my clay toppers I said £30 which is well below average for what they are selling them for in my area... God she looked at me like I had grown two heads!!

People just dont know what time you spend on a cake... This particular cake was nothing too difficult but still took time making /decorating the cake and time spent on the clay topper...

I would be lucky if I profited £8 after you take the cost of everything...

Well thats my moan of the day... I feel better after that!!

Thankies... lol

2 replies
__Jamie__ Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 6:05pm
post #2 of 3

That's why I am glad I screen all of my inquiries thru the email. Seriously, I never answer my phone, always let it go to voicemail, and I make clear in my voicemail message that I will rarely ever be able to get to the phone because I am working on a cake or consulting at the moment. Of course this isn't true, I just have no patience to answer questions on the spot and/or listen to gasps of breath, or possibly have to hear "whaaaat? HOW much for whaaaattt?" So please leave a message, or email me with your idea and price request.

The only time I ever on the phone with a client is just that: a client who I am already working with. icon_wink.gif

Works like a charm!

I much rather prefer not receiving a reply on the email after I give a quote than any of the scenraios I listed above! icon_biggrin.gif

lardbutt Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 6:14pm
post #3 of 3

I tired of people asking me how much a wedding cake would cost?

Ummm...for when? for how many? what flavors? what design, shape?

I get that all the time! I try not to answer my phone either!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%