Orange Cakemix

Decorating By ShellBell69 Updated 24 Jul 2009 , 8:17pm by ShellBell69

ShellBell69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShellBell69 Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 5:29pm
post #1 of 4

I was at the grocery store over the weekend and they had a sale on some DH orange cakemix. It was $.75 a box, buy one get one free. So..now I have some orange cakemix and I don't know what to do with it. I've never made an orange flavored cake before. What can I do with it other than make it per directions and frost/decorate. I was thinking of putting chocolate as a filler and buttercreme icing. Is there anything I can/should add to make it really tasty?

3 replies
Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 9:04pm
post #2 of 4

Chocolate and orange are great together. you can also use mocha, vanilla buttercream.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 3:25am
post #3 of 4

Mix some lemon &/or orange zest into the batter &/or b'cream.
Use pineapple juice as the liquid. Can add crushed pineapple too - doesn't take much - about 1/3 cup is plenty.
Add mini cho chips to batter

ShellBell69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShellBell69 Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 8:17pm
post #4 of 4

Yumm...those all sound like great ideas. I'm really leaning to the mini choc chip idea. I have a box of instant vanilla pudding that has mini chips in it. Do you think that would be ok to add to the cake mix? I've never added pudding to a cake mix before and keep hearing ya'll talk about it. Do you have to add any extra water/oil/egg to it if you add pudding? Is it instant pudding? I'm VERY new at using something other than straight box mix.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%