Bowling Pin Candles!!!!

Decorating By yamber82 Updated 24 Jul 2009 , 3:55pm by jadak

yamber82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yamber82 Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 4:40pm
post #1 of 6

i just realised i need to get the bwoling pin candles but can't find them in town. what stores sell them? it's for saturday so i don't have time to order them!

i thought about using regular candles and putting fondant over them to look like pins but not sure that will work

5 replies
Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 4:46pm
post #2 of 6

Do you have a local cake supply store?

At Deals the other day, I saw a mini bowling set in the toy row. Not candles, but the pins are about 2inches tal.

yamber82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yamber82 Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 3:28am
post #3 of 6

no i don't hav a dake supply store exaclt yjust the regular craft stores and a party city. i was looking at bowling cakes and saw wuite a bit of the bowling pin candles so they must be a regular product. i should have thought of it earlier icon_sad.gif that's a bad thing about getting orders 1-2 weeks before they'er due. sometimes i have to order stuff online and i am always afraid it won't get here in time

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 10:49am
post #4 of 6

What if you just make little fondant bowling pins and set them on the cake in place of the candles? Then stick the candles right next to the pins?

Or have the fondant pin laying against the candle or something.

jadak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadak Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 3:54pm
post #5 of 6

When my DD had her last birthday party at a bowling alley, I made little bowling pins for her cake out of fondant. Just shaped them by hand, let them dry, put the stripes on with a red food pen and set them on the cake. They looked great and we just used plain old straight candles when that time of the party came around.

jadak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadak Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 3:55pm
post #6 of 6

When my DD had her last birthday party at a bowling alley, I made little bowling pins for her cake out of fondant. Just shaped them by hand, let them dry, put the stripes on with a red food pen and set them on the cake. They looked great and we just used plain old straight candles when that time of the party came around.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%