So I Can't Just Use A Regular Cake Recipe, Eh?

Baking By anricat Updated 3 Apr 2014 , 6:04pm by cakes-more

jill23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jill23 Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 11:45pm
post #31 of 34

I have to have a really great cake recipe that I would like to use for my cupcakes. My mum has a cake recipe that uses 1cup of SR flour, but when she makes cupcakes she adds and extra 3/4 cup. I just thought it would make them to dry so I didn't worrie about it. Well I learnt my lesson, I should listen to my mother. I am yet to see if it will work with my cake recipe, fingers crossed.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 12:13am
post #32 of 34

like wendyintx... said.. so many decorators that bake cupcakes.. say .. preheat your oven to 400 f.... then when you put your cupcakes in.. turn it down to 350f.... they say.. this makes them dome pretty .. these people bake cupcakes all the time.. so that is what i am going to try next time i bake cupcakes.. hth

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 12:44am
post #33 of 34

I made cupcakes using the Mermaid Bakery butter vanilla cake recipe and they pulled away from the liner, every single one of them that was the perfect height and not overfilled. It didn't happen until they had cooled overnight. I have no idea what I did wrong, but that was the first time I had used that recipe for cupcakes.

cakes-more Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes-more Posted 3 Apr 2014 , 6:04pm
post #34 of 34

I only use butter or margerine on any cake mix I use instead of oil.  Always used box mixes.  Cakes and cupcakes come out great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%