Help! Support... Vent

Decorating By cakesalot13 Updated 24 Jul 2009 , 4:44pm by cakesalot13

cakesalot13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesalot13 Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 2:48pm
post #1 of 4

Ok, I am working on the Batman Tumbler- (his car).. P.I.T.A. Probably first and last time I will do one, What a technical nightmare... OK, I think I got the tires down pretty well, but I am using Satin Ice Gumpaste/Fondant mix... yes it does not harden quick enough. I wish I had 2 more days to work on this.. to get all the details right. Now I feel I am rushing just to get it done. And am afraid it will look sloppy. I know I could have done better. Here's the dilemma- I wanted to do the Batpod- (motorcycle) to go along with it... another nightmare!- very unstable.. I should have used the Wilton gumpaste from the start. Since the guts of it fell apart last night. So now, I feel that it will look unfinished without the Batpod, it would have looked SO cool to have it there too.. Ugh.. just venting. Thanx.

3 replies
alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 3:11pm
post #2 of 4

Dont you just hate when the guts of the Batpod fall out? icon_razz.gif I feel your pain right now. I'm so nervous about a cake I am doing for tomorrow, but I have to get it decorated tonight. My MMF isnt drying and I have never used tylose powder and I'm scared it make it taste nasty and UGH!!!

Some times we cant always make a cake look how our head wants it. IT would have been cool to see the batcar and the motocycle together. Just take a break and relax...sometimes this helps me.

newnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newnancy Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 3:18pm
post #3 of 4

I've freked out how ugly a cake is & even considered not taking it to the party or wherever & people loved it & ooohhed & aawwed over it........I think they're crazy cause it looked so bad & had a hard time taking compliments.......we are our worst critics. Just relax, it will look great.

cakesalot13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesalot13 Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 4:44pm
post #4 of 4

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%