6 Names A Birthday Cake!!

Decorating By jenng1482 Updated 23 Jul 2009 , 2:43pm by mkm25

jenng1482 Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 2:33pm
post #1 of 3

HI everyone! I am making a 60th birthday jersey cake for a party this weekend. Also ordered was a 10x10 square as a backup in case they needed more cake. It was going to be white BC with a simple white border (this way she could freeze it if it didnt get used and use for another day). To my question - today she asks me to put 6 names (male and female of all ages) on the square to acknowledge their July birthdays as well. Any thoughts on how to do this?

2 replies
PinkZiab Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 2:38pm
post #2 of 3

You could make some cute little gumpaste plaques with the names, all bordering a larger plaque with "Happy Birthdays" or something like that on it. This way she can still remove them from the extra cake and save it, if they wind up not needing it.

mkm25 Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 2:43pm
post #3 of 3

I recently ran into the same problem - 5 people of differing ages. I made little gum paste pennants with one name on each and then stuck them into the cake. The cake looked festive and everyone liked taking their own pennant home. There is a picture of the cake in my gallery if you're interested. Just an idea! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%