Anyone Licensed In Niagara Region, On

Business By maddiseeyore Updated 28 Jul 2009 , 10:40am by maddiseeyore

maddiseeyore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maddiseeyore Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 12:07pm
post #1 of 5

I'm having a really hard time finding information on licensing in the Niagara Region in Ontario; does anyone have information on regs for home bakeries? From what I've found so far, I'm thinking it isn't possible to have a home bakery here, but nothing is clear! Is there anyone here who knows?! THanks so much!

4 replies
muddpuppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
muddpuppy Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 8:15pm
post #2 of 5

Hi neighbour!! I'm in Toronto and have a biz, but rent commercial kitchen space... one of the first things I did durring research was to get a copy of the city's by-laws as they pertain to business and restaurant/cafe/food service junk... start taking notes and making lists.. I'm sure you'll get there.. If I had to guess, I'd say the regulations here are the same as in Niagara, separate commercial grade kitchen, proper zoning, biz reg, master biz lic. health cert, food handling cert, etc... Good Luck! Try out this handy little tool...

https://www.bizpal.serviceontario.ca/BizPal/BzInit.do?dispatch=next&province=35

maddiseeyore Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 12:26pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks Muddpuppy! I tried to open the link you sent (looks interesting!) but it won't open for me....just says I need to enable cookies (but they're already enabled), so I'm not sure!

muddpuppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
muddpuppy Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 6:17am
post #4 of 5

is there a little button that says start over? Click it.. icon_wink.gif

maddiseeyore Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 10:40am
post #5 of 5

Thanks, it worked!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%